My little mystic

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
So, my youngest is a bit spacey. Honestly? She's a lot spacey. For the last six years (well, for part of that she was a baby) it would not be unusual to walk past her, lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling or out the window. Half an hour later, you'd pass her again and she'd still be there and you'd say, "Whatcha doin?" And the reply would always be, "Nuthin. Just thinkin."

Her father and I were hoping she'd grow up terribly good-looking, out of necessity.

Turns out the kindergarten teacher is all buggy-eyed over her abilities. My little cloudy-head is very clever. Now she writes all the time, albeit with little regard to the inclusion of those pesky vowels, but still. What's sort of funny is that she keeps producing the same piece of artwork over and over again, independent of anything they've talked about at school (I checked.)

She folds a piece of paper in half lengthwise and on the outside, draws a circle filled in with blue and green. Under this, she writes - the Rth - "the earth" in Rianne-ese. Inside is always the same message -

I am Thakfl for the hl younuvrs in clowding the Rth

I found seven of these so far and am saving them in a bundle. I just am curious to see how many times she does it before the mothership comes back for her.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
We had her antennae cropped, but now I'm thinking we might shouldn't have.

RiannesB-DayLadiesWeekendHallowe-6.jpg

Last edited:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She'll eventually join the vowel movement. Consonantipation is only temporary at that age. It does reappear in Old Farts, though.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
She's writing lyrics for Prince! Check her trust fund levels! She's getting PAID. ;)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I will, Trish. :)

I showed one to her teacher and she said it started in the week before Thanksgiving when the kids were asked to think of what they were thankful for. I can't tell if my daughter is hugely generous or hugely lazy.

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
My kindegartener is writing a lot too. I need a decoder ring for some of it.
Last night he got out markers and paper and made rows and rows of shapes (circle, square, triangle rectangle, etc) of different colors. There must have been fifty of them on the page. He showed it to us and we gave the "that's great, kiddo" reply. He sighs and says "It's a pattern." Might as well have said, "stop patronizing me, you dumbasses, it's not just random shapes. there's a method here, people!"

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah the pattern thing is very cool. They always seem so pleased, like they've been let in on some big secret. I guess, in a way, they have.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
My son's a very deep thinker too ( overly so sometimes, he gets himself in a right state) but he'll sit for a while then come up with some really profound comment that pretty much blows me away. We had to discuss gravity and the valency of chemicals when he was four in very great depth.

We went to a parents evening and the teacher asked 'What does he want to do when he grows up?'

'Design robot probes for Nasa'

'No problem. Wouldn't surprise me if he became a brain surgeon. He tells me things I don't know at least once a day.'

It's quite scary really.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My kindegartener is writing a lot too. I need a decoder ring for some of it.
Last night he got out markers and paper and made rows and rows of shapes (circle, square, triangle rectangle, etc) of different colors. There must have been fifty of them on the page. He showed it to us and we gave the "that's great, kiddo" reply. He sighs and says "It's a pattern." Might as well have said, "stop patronizing me, you dumbasses, it's not just random shapes. there's a method here, people!"
Yup. Return to post #2.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Sure hope the mothership doesn't pick her up. :) We need ones like her here. she's a-dorable. Vowels are ok, I prefer consonants.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
This means she remembered a lot of the stuff that babies are conditioned to forget upon entering the new body. She is holding onto it by sitting and thinking and by writing these slips. Encourage it...the grasp is tenuous. This life will slowly take its hold...you'll want her to remember as much as she can. Mystics are very powerful in their ability to remember as every other baby practices forgetting.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
My son once said something to the effect of, "Mommy, remember that time...before I was a baby? When I was a man?"

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Sounds like you have an INFP on your hands. Next she'll start talking to animals, except she won't discriminate between the stuffed ones and the real ones.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
This means she remembered a lot of the stuff that babies are conditioned to forget upon entering the new body. She is holding onto it by sitting and thinking and by writing these slips. Encourage it...the grasp is tenuous. This life will slowly take its hold...you'll want her to remember as much as she can. Mystics are very powerful in their ability to remember as every other baby practices forgetting.

Thanks, Kevin. She's straddling the worlds beautifully just now - being kind and largely reasonable without straying out of earshot from her drummer.

I think I like this best about her. Plus, it means we can eat out at nice restaurants without her causing a scene.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I love the genius that comes with kindergarten. The Boy pulls odd stuff on us all the time.

And like IRU's he's already decided what he wants to be. A scientist. Why? Because all the good superheros and mutants were scientists first. Goal oriented and far thinking at 5.