multiple offers

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
The agent-quering process went from not fun to fun very quickly. Got a call last night offering representation. Emailed the others reading. Got another offer, and 5 requests for a few days for them to finish reading before I accept anything.

Been here before, so I know this isn't the end. There are bigger hurdles ahead (like editors, those pesky folks, who often don't want to publish what anyone can see is wonderful!)

Thanks to all! I will go back and put in my response times for the benefit of others, after I figure out what I'm going to do, before I have to play the bigger waiting game.

Jackfishwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Wandering between Mexico and the Arctic Circle
Website
www.myspace.com
The agent-quering process went from not fun to fun very quickly. Got a call last night offering representation. Emailed the others reading. Got another offer, and 5 requests for a few days for them to finish reading before I accept anything.

Been here before, so I know this isn't the end. There are bigger hurdles ahead (like editors, those pesky folks, who often don't want to publish what anyone can see is wonderful!)

Thanks to all! I will go back and put in my response times for the benefit of others, after I figure out what I'm going to do, before I have to play the bigger waiting game.

awesome! that must feel great! Let us know what happens. It is really nice to hear good news like this :)

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Woo HOO!! bask in the feeling, worry about the rest later:snoopy:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and continued good luck

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for responding. This is really a wonderful group -- very generous. I'll admit to being as worried as happy. I've had so many ups and down this past year with this book! One part that is fun (after all the painful waiting) is that now all these agents are digging my manuscript out of the pile to read it by the weekend.

When you talk to these agents about how they work, you can see how incredibily different they are. The two offers I have so far are from agents who work very differently, so it's a matter of thinking about which style I'm more comfortable with. Both have pros and cons. That aside, I'm leaning toward the one who sounds most enthusiastic.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
P.S. I said I've been here before, but I've never had multiple offers. Last time, in my excitement, I snapped up the first offer (a top agent from a top firm, so I felt safe) and withdrew from the others. I've lived to regret not asking certain questions. Hence, my caution. This time I'd like it to be 'till death do us part.' Leaving an agent relationship (or being dumped) and then having to go hunting for a new one feels a lot like ending a romantic relationship and then looking for a new partner. Don't rush in! Make sure you know who you're getting into bed with (all right, I'm taking the metaphor too far. . .)

NicoleMD

Onomatopotamus
Registered
Reaction score
Here's to a long lasting relationship that will forever make your toes curl! :e2cloud9:

Nicole

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
Got another offer. holy camolli. This is outrageous. I need to find someone to pinch me.