The Death of Spike Spiegel

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
So, as many of you may know, I have been using the same avatar on this site for almost five years.

Today, I killed it. My friend, Spike Spiegel of Cowboy Bebop, was retired.

Now you get a iPhoto picture of me sitting at my computer. . . for the next four years.

I really hope this does not confuse most of you, though I know it probably will.

A cheers, to Spike and his service at AW in the name of Weren Ignatius Cole.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
You have an odd sense of humor . . .

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
See. . . I knew it would confound you people. . .

especially that damned Ferret.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm confused. Werencole was a merry old soul and a merry old soul was he.

Who is this new guy?

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
Funny. . . it was Spike who shifted off this mortal coil. Weren is very much still alive and kickin, just with a new face.

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
Funny. . . I am getting all nostalgic about the places Spike went in this forum over the years.

He started off on the old boards as a Novel Writing forum junky. Really. Hardly ever looked to see what else was about.

Later, he found TIO, which at the time still consisted of what is now Coffee Break and TIO. Those were fun times, back when posts in those forums still counted too.

Eventually he broke out to look at Short Fiction AND Novel Writing. That was about it.

Then, the AW renaissance came. Coffee Break and TIO split, more boards popped up, like the Pop Culture Compendium. He started playing on the games board (the answer the question with a question and PLAY threads were faves).

Spike was rolling with is homies, dontcha know.

Then, it was an equally traversable spectrum. Like any other AW addict he jumped around, stuck his head in forums he had no right being in, made some snide comment and jumped out.

Happens to the best.

He branched his writing styles. Started writing screen plays and more humor. . . thus gravitated to those boards. AW Roundtable. All that jazz (I bet there is a thread with that title, somewhere.)

Now, he has changed. Weren's alter ego, something that had been protected for a long time, came forward (that name under Weren Ignatius Cole. . . yup, that is me) because he became a journalist and, for some odd reason, wanted people to recognize his byline.

Hence, Spike, along with his anonymity, decided that today he would jump. No more. See-ya, sionara, goodbye.

(This also happens to coincide with the fact that I can now take and upload pictures, which I could not really do before. . .)

So, Spike. Once again, here it is to you. The face of Weren through the good times and bad.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, WC, is that line under your username from Goodfellas?

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
I always thought of you as my own personal, non existant chef.

But, okay. You can change your avatar to that cute guy with nice lips.

Nice lips?

Are you making a reference I don't get? I am not sure anybody has ever said I have nice lips.