Any Full-Time Writers Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
Pardon me if this has been asked previously over the years, but are there any full-time writers here? Folks who write for a living, and don't have another job?

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Pardon me if this has been asked previously over the years, but are there any full-time writers here? Folks who write for a living, and don't have another job?

I was - for about twelve years - but not now. Thanks to our present economy, I have returned to working and now am (sigh) a part time writer.

caseyquinn

Just happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shortstory.us.com
My wife is a full time writer and i am part time, was hoping to go full time but like johnny, with the current market state, decided to wait and give it more time before i join her...

TheAntar

Registered
Reaction score
What was required to become a freelance editor?

Do you work from home?

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
I am a full-time writer who also tutors (private and public), gives talks, does author visits, and more, all revolved about writing and the publishing business.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by full time writer. I get the feeling you are talking more about fiction than other stuff. I write pretty much full time as a student-journalist-intern and freelancer. Don't have any other jobs, except for a side edit here and there. But yeah, you could call me a full time writer.

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
I am. I make my living exclusively by writing for consumer publications. Been a full-time freelance journalist/writer for about six years now.

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
I love to write but sometimes I wonder how I would cope being a full time writer. I'm technically one now because I'm unemployed. I have days when I get really into my writing and will do lots of work then I will have other days when I can't stand sitting in my room being alone and get up again and again to wander around the house. I still want to go fulll time one day. I figure it won't be that bad if I have a car then. If I get bored I can take my laptop and go write at the shops.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by full time writer. I get the feeling you are talking more about fiction than other stuff. I write pretty much full time as a student-journalist-intern and freelancer. Don't have any other jobs, except for a side edit here and there. But yeah, you could call me a full time writer.

Yeah, I guess I should've been more specific. How many of you are working writers who rely on your writing as your sole income? Doesn't matter if you're a novelist or not, but obviously a journalist wouldn't count, since he/she still works for Big Bidness. :)

Mayntz

Registered
Reaction score
I am a freelance journalist for one market -- I have a regular assignment set from a weekly paper, but without any contract or terms that then qualify it as a freelance position. I have two other relatively permanent gigs as well, plus whatever queries and such I come up with on the side.

I do write full-time, about 30-40 hours per week in the "comfort" of my home office (bloody cold in here in the mornings). My work is almost exclusively non-fiction, but I also edit manuscripts for different publishers and individual writers. Details are on my website if anyone is interested.

ghsb12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gracetravellog.blogspot.com
I would love to become a full-time writer. Earn enough moolah doing something I love to support myself, fantastic! Not there yet though *sigh*.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I am. Stopped working full time a year or so ago, though, so technically I no longer "support myself" with writing. I do travel stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.