White Horse Image - Elliot's Journey of the Magi.

Saint Fool

Registered
Reaction score
Looking at the titles of some of these threads, I fear I may be in the wrong place, but I need some help. I originally posted this on the Christian board, then asked the folks on the Pagan board to take a look, and now I'm coming to you literary folks. The original post explains my problem (or at least, what I think is my problem).

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3015363#post3015363

Any thoughts? Sources you can send me to?

They want this one memorized and my brain is at the stage where it really needs to know what my mouth is talking about - as opposed to when I memorized Lucky's speech from Waiting for Godot in three days without have a clue as to over half of what I was saying. Ah youth.

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
I can't offer you much help with the biblical background of what I assume is a metaphor. But to me your phrase of interest, "And an old white horse galloped away in the meadow, " is odd. Old horses don't gallop, they amble -- could that be significant here? Rebirth? New energy?

Saint Fool

Registered
Reaction score
It is odd, which is why I can't connect it to Christ triumphing over death as one of the essays proposed.

Last edited:

Saint Fool

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, very nice. I can wrap my memory around that image. "The old dispensation" galloping away from the narrator after he sees the three trees on the horizon. Thank you!

Last edited: