Fun With Google Translator!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
So, I wrote a paragraph about a recent dinner, then turned it into Russian with google translator, and then I translated it back into English. The result made me giggle.

It was so fun! In principle, I added some butter in a saucepan, then I rastayal, I stirred in some flour. And then, Panic! We do not milk! And so, she filed a meal, and I rushed into the next room again and asked for milk. Luck was with us, and milk it. Well, add milk, then pepper, then cheese. Then I cooked noodles activities, although it chopped kielbasa. We sizzled, that the measures then Wham! Dinner! We ate lunch

Anyone else wanna share their fun goggle translator thingies? Babelfish is good too.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Heh. This is a paragraph from my current WIP:

Had it not been for the scrape of the shovel over the frozen earth and the rattle of icy dirt against steel, Jake Granger might have been able to ignore his reasons for being out in the dark, in the sleet, digging a hole. Yet it was the most important hole Jake had ever dug, would ever dig… and he hated every thimbleful of icy dirt he tore from the ground. When it was done, it would contain the last, best part of him… and everything for which he’d once had reason to live.

I don't know why it decided to capitalize 'thimbleful', but here's the result after a couple trips through Google's translator:

If it were not for scrape of a shovel of soil and frozen in ice rattle dirty steel, Jake Granger would be able to ignore its reasons for being absent in the dark, in sleet, dig a hole. But it was the most important Jake had dug holes, would have to dig ... and hated every THIMBLEFUL debris of ice, he ripped from the ground. When he was done, it would be the last, best part of it ... and whatever you want once had reason to live.

Now I know what they mean when they say, "It suffers in the translation."!

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

A Monday morning chuckle....thanks!

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
No, the real fun is turning it into all of the languajes available and then back into English. Try it:

Original paragraph:
The morning cleared of the clouds that had covered the town the night prior. Anne looked out her window, wondering just how bad an idea it would be to jump out of it and start running.

Now, after being translated to russian, hindi, finnish, arab, vietnamese and then english:

A clean morning cloud cover over the city at night
Before. Anna see an idea out the window, and how bad it
Jump out and start working.
It was jump, and will start running.
, Jump To start it.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
In my expirience, all the automatic translators are really bad.

Check out this random pieces of art from my WIP translated to English with Babelfish:

Moan and my pardons to Its Excellence to differ and not to defer, but in my humble opinion of university professor of the National University but each of these great world-wide metropolis are unique, thanks to the culture, national and regional temperament, gastronomy, health, dates mother countries, languages, race or races, cults and ethnic groups. It is not possible comparison where micado with its kimonos takes a walk of soothes in cherry tree gardens that where káiser in its free short whiles with its pantaloncillos of leather takes a walk, its huntings by the imperial forests and chucrut

The small Catherine spied to the adults from the handrail of the stairs; he was young, but quite also perspicacious. The caravan of cars woke up that arrived dawn in the heat of it maintained and it wakes up the uproar that sounded. Something bad happened and she knew In front of the handrail it was the receipt where she saw mutually his mother and her aunt crying and being consoled between Castilian and a nasal language that deduced that he was French, because this era native language of its aunt Then she heard as people entered by the fore door and she lay down to the floor by fear and instinct

The screen is illuminated to the maximum, crescendo initiates, the emotion begins with the logo of the studies and fanfarrias with CAPTAIN the COSMOS: EPISODE IV: THE SECRET OF SANTO COSTA. Followed with an explanation of the origins of Captain Cosmos and like its great Nemesis the Galactic Governor, leader of the Cronopios, fought to dominate ours loved Solar System and Captain Cosmos was the unique thing that defended to us, maintaining La Paz, justice and good the modal ones. In that after to persecute the Red Spy, agent of the Galactic Governor in our planet, by two continents arrived orthographically at banana and the incorrect nation of Santo Costa with its ray washes to brains causing global destabilization.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
A paragraph of my novel:

He couldn't let it happen anymore. He had to show her what the world offered her, as a member of Hai-Zi. If she were to move to the teen barracks like he meant for her to, she would have to get used to violence. Her pacifist ways had to end soon. If not, her potential would be lost and so would her life. She had to straighten out. It was like anything else. But he had never done such a thing before, not to a child. He didn't have to make adults kowtow to him, they automatically did. It was a sign of respect. Who did Renee respect? Her parents. They were close to his rank, and he could not kill them himself without receiving serious repercussions. But they had let that Sandber woman off without a hitch, and because of him. Who looked out for him? He was the top of the organization. But there would be an uprising. Did he have the resources to stop it? He had his loyal troops that would fight their brethren to the death for him.

Now, in French:

Il ne pourrait pas le laisser se produire plus. Il a dû la montrer ce que le monde lui a offert, en tant que membre de Hai-Zi. Si elle devaient se déplacer aux casernes de l'adolescence comme il voulait dire pour elle à, elle devrait s'habituer à la violence. Ses manières pacifistes ont dû finir bientôt. Sinon, son potentiel serait perdu et ainsi sa vie. Elle a dû se redresser dehors. Il était comme toute autre chose. Mais il n'avait jamais fait une telle chose avant, pas à un enfant. Il n'a pas dû inciter des adultes à se prosterner à lui, ils a automatiquement fait. C'était un signe de respect. Qui a fait le respect de Renee ? Elle parents. Ils étaient proches de son rang, et il ne pourrait pas les tuer lui-même sans recevoir des répercussions sérieuses. Mais elles ont eu ont laissé cette femme de Sandber au loin sans accroc, et en raison de lui. Qui a regardé dehors pour lui ? Il était le dessus de l'organisation. Mais il y aurait un soulèvement. A-t-il les ressources pour l'arrêter ? Il a eu ses troupes fidèles qui lutteraient leurs frères à la mort pour lui.

Back in English:

It could not let it occur more. It had to show it what the world offered to him, as a member of Hai-Zi. If it were to move with the barracks of adolescence as he wanted to say for her to, she should be accustomed to violence. Its pacifist manners had to finish soon. If not, its potential would be lost and thus its life. It had to be rectified outside. It was like anything else. But it had never made such a front thing, not with a child. It should not have encouraged adults with prosterner with him, they automatically made. It was a sign of respect. Who made the respect of Renee? It parents. They were close to its row, and it could not kill them itself without receiving serious repercussions. But they had left this woman of Sandber to far without tear, and because of him. Who looked at outside for him? It was the top of the organization. But there would be a rising. Does it have the resources to stop it? It had its faithful troops which would fight their brothers with dead for him.

...Does 'made such a front thing, not with a child' sound pedophile-ish to anyone else?

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Oh babelfish is the bomb for this. Especially if you run it through from say English to German to Russian to Greek and back to English.

it often collects in the trousers can a different perfect day destroy

Which actually started of as : An exploding turnip in the trousers can often ruin an other wise perfect day.

Fullback

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard and read English like this every day for the last 16 years... every, single day.

I only come to AW to practice English since it's slowly leaking from my tiny, dinosaur brain. I was in Florida last year and caught myself talking Babelfish English to everyone. It was so embarrassing, I started laughing at myself in a restaurant and couldn't stop. People were looking at me strangely, like I was a congressman visiting them...

I apologized and explained that I had been living in Japan for the last 16 years and sometimes went months without speaking English. They were relieved - not about me living in Japan, but that I wasn't a politician.