Omeletes

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
I just made an omelet, but it didn't turn out exactly as I wanted. I think I let the butter get to brown....and it seems really thin.

I used two eggs, should I have used 3?

What is everyone's favorite omelets?

I like mine pretty plain.
Cheese :)
But sometimes bacon or ham.
Sometimes I'll throw in some onions if we have some.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
First, don't cook them too hot. Sure avenue to ruin. Use a nonstick pan, if possible. You won't need as much butter that way. When butter starts to bubble is when you want to add the eggs. And have the right kind of spatula utensils to turn the thing.

caw

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I think using cooking spray is easier.

Pan size can make a difference. I use a 12" pan and 3 eggs. When I used the bigger pan (b/c the small was dirty and I was lazy) the eggs were too thin and didn't work quite as well. You might up the eggs to three or see if you got a slightly smaller pan.

I love cheese and ham in my omelet.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
My mother made Spanish Tortillias which are not round flat bread, they are omlettes with potatoes, tomatoes, onions, cheese, a whole meal, and usually cut into pie-like slices. I love omelets, you can add nearly any kind of "left-over" from veggies to barbeque and get a good result. Another thing I love to make are Frittatas which are something like "left over spaghettii" omelets (this is the Peasant style, though you can make meat and veggie too). You put your sauced pasta in there, fry a bit, add some cheese, and then throw on some beaten eggs. Then you stick it in the oven to cook the top half. Both are "open faced" meaning they are not folded. Yum! Frittatas and Spanish Tortillias.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frittata
http://www.geocities.com/spanishtortilla/

I am a vegetarian, so I would say my favorite is vegetable. I love the pizza combo of tomatoes, black olives, mushrooms, peppers and onions. Add some nice sharp cheese and I am in heaven.

Last edited: