Do you?

Last edited:

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I'd google them, but most of them either entered monasteries in despair after I dumped them or made beelines for the least successful and stressful lifepaths possible after they witnessed my workaholicism. *shrug* Not sure why that is, really...

Reaction score
No.

Once something's over, it's over. Time to move on and find the next victim.

Might make me sound heartless, but it's the only way to deal with these things. You can't fully embrace the future if you live in the past.

So yes, while I remember my exes, I don't deliberately call them to mind.

Thing is, they've got a nasty habit of deciding to show up just as I'm getting over them. Probably because I'm getting over them...

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
After 22 years of marriage, I hardly care about the exes. But I do remember their names. :D However, given your situation MsK, if I'd been that hurt and moved away because the relationship soured, I'd probably check on him once in a while. But, I'm a true believer in 'things happen for a reason'. Maybe there's a 'reason' he's going to be working so close to where you are. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Yeah, so she can swan past him with a better looking guy on her arm, I hope.

If someone's your ex, they're your ex for a reason, don't forget. Never give someone a second chance to hurt or reject you.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
No. I've been married for 13 years and I don't even think about my ex-boyfriends. I hope they are healthy and happy, so I don't think I'd get anything out of googling them.

Wow, I sound like a pollyanna.

ETA: I *might* have done it if Google was a big thing back then, but I tend to agree with scarletpeaches.

Reaction score
I haven't dated in way longer than that. So, uh, I win at being a loser.

Or something.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What an interesting idea. I wonder if my screenwriter wannabe ex ever became a screenwriter.

And if the doctor wannabe ever became a doctor.

And the rest I can't remember.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I've been married too long, but the last thing I need to know is the current goings on of an old flame. I mean really, who cares what they're up to?

Stay grounded to the present and future, where your current crop of prospects is growing. Last season's harvest is gone. Stop pining and start hoeing!

ETA: That didn't turn out quite the way I intended, but you know what I mean.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Stay grounded to the present and future, where your current crop of prospects is growing. Last season's harvest is gone. Stop pining and start hoeing!

ETA: That didn't turn out quite the way I intended, but you know what I mean.

I was gonna say....

Reaction score
I really can't imagine anything about any of my exes that would make me want to keep in touch with them. It would just be a reminder of someone who hurt me. That's speaking from a purely selfish point of view.

And from theirs...why would I want to hand them a gilt-edged ego boost on a silver platter by cyberstalking them?

Let's face it, any man who's daft enough to let me slip through his fingers doesn't deserve a moment of my time anyway, right? :D

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
If any of my exes are worth giving the time of day, I'm still friends with them anyway. If I'm no longer in touch with them, there's probably a reason for it.

That said, I *have* Googled one ex in particular a few times simply to get an idea of where he is...so that I can be anywhere BUT there. He's been known to find me, and I'd like to avoid him. (In fact, it happens every few years, so he's about due to do it again...HA! COME FIND ME NOW, SUCKER!) So, I guess you could say I do a bit of counter-cyberstalking. LOL

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
There's also a creepy element to this Google business, I think. As mentioned, it's similar to stalking someone, only you do so in front of a computer monitor instead of following the person in the flesh.

There should be some code of honor when you track someone down online. When you find the person, send an e-mail to them stating:

Hey there, ex-lover, friend or whomever,

I've been keeping track of you! So glad to hear you're moving into the area. Hope your life falls apart in equal measures as mine did when we split up.

Can't wait to see you again!

Love always,

Me

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
A pre-emptive stalk, if you will?

Something like that. I mean, it's been YEARS since we dated (this is a high school boyfriend we're talking about), and he still finds me once in a while. Even after I threatened to meet him at the door with a loaded firearm if he came to my house (which he was threatening to do).

This is someone who once backed me into a wall and raised a fist to my face...so I don't think it's unreasonable to be a bit wary of him.

Reaction score
Well, folks, I have to say:

Anyone who raises his fist to Lori (now married to a military man and not too shabby when it comes to kicking seven bells out of you herself) is, to use a technical term, a:

FRUITLOOP.

Reaction score
No offence or accusation was meant by my use of the term 'cyber-stalking', MsK; it was just me kinda taking the piss out of myself, reminding myself not to look back and track down anyone I used to know.

Sure, one can be tempted...but it's never a good idea.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Well, folks, I have to say:

Anyone who raises his fist to Lori (now married to a military man and not too shabby when it comes to kicking seven bells out of you herself) is, to use a technical term, a:

FRUITLOOP.

I never said he was sane. :D But the fact that he managed to back me into a corner before he brought the fist up should tell you something. Dude's a scary freak. Even now, I'd like to think I'd whoop his ass, but...the reality is, he'd probably scare the hell out of me again.

So...once in a blue moon, I give the net a look to see if he's in the general vicinity as me. (Since he is, or was at some point, in the same branch of the military as my husband, this is a reasonable concern, I think.)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...I hadn't looked at my "Googling" his name as cyber-stalking, but if thats what its called, then thats what it is.
As far as cyber-stalking, I've actually had someone find me here on AW-...
I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but it should be considered "stalking" either way, right? In your own words?