PDA

View Full Version : Torturous Aromas...

Clair Dickson
11-27-2008, 02:45 AM
My neighbors are cooking something that smells REALLY REALLY good right now. And they've been at it all afternoon. It's really hard to think or work since I'm drooling over these delicious smells that I can't partake in. It's not fair.

*whine*

One more reason to hate my neighbors. ;-)

scarletpeaches
11-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Tatties and mince.

Nothing on EARTH smells like my gran's kitchen back in the day.

*drools*

regdog
11-27-2008, 02:49 AM
You're lucky, I'm jealous of having neighbors who cook good smelling food. Whenever my neighbors cook,
the smell is so bad I'm suprrised my nose doesn't bleed.

Kitty Pryde
11-27-2008, 02:54 AM
You're lucky, I'm jealous of having neighbors who cook good smelling food. Whenever my neighbors cook,
the smell is so bad I'm suprrised my nose doesn't bleed.

Ditto! When my neighbors cook, the smell wafts in from the balcony and it smells like week-old fish, or rotting organ meats, or SOMETHING SO HIDEOUS I CANNOT NAME IT ON THESE BOARDS (think of the children!). My apartment is the one with the delicious smells coming from it most nights :)

tjwriter
11-27-2008, 02:58 AM
There's a bakery right down the street from where I work. This whole pregnancy it has been torture to walk out to my car on the evenings where they are baking and smell that wonderful freshly baked bread smell. It's just so yummy!

scarletpeaches
11-27-2008, 03:29 AM
It's been brought to my attention that tatties and mince is not a universally recognised phrase. :D

Tatties = potatoes.

Clair Dickson
11-27-2008, 05:55 AM
It's a little better in here now since I recently finished baking a batch of bread... but that was rough. Leftover spaghetti can't compete with smells of some sort of slow-cooking meat...

At least tomorrow's Thanksgiving and MIL is making dinner. YUM!

Williebee
11-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Clair? Take them some bread. Meet the neighbors. Compliment the smell. Smile.

bring your own fork. It might amuse them.

Clair Dickson
11-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Clair? Take them some bread. Meet the neighbors. Compliment the smell. Smile.

bring your own fork. It might amuse them.

=) Chances are, I couldn't eat whatever they're making. (Allergies) But it sure smells good.

MoonWriter
11-27-2008, 07:30 AM
=) Chances are, I couldn't eat whatever they're making. (Allergies) But it sure smells good.

My heart goes out to you. The only food I'm allergic to is cooked carrots - at least I think I'm allergic to them - just the thought starts my gagging reflexes. But I know what you mean about neighbor's cooking. Tomorrow, like every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Mardi Gras, my neighbor will be frying turkeys - like 12 of them, for friends and family. He's offered to fry one for me, but I go to my sisters for T-day, and the day after for leftovers. By then, I'm all turkied out.

C.bronco
11-27-2008, 07:43 AM
I am one street behind two Italian restaurants and another restaurant which keeps changing owner and cuisines. In the summer, all I smell is garlic, fried things and steak. It's like living on a boardwalk down the shore.

thethinker42
11-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Torturous aroma.

Well...my husband's at work, so no, I don't smell anything like that right now...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I've got two 14 pound turkeys in the oven that have been cooking all night. My gods! They're killing me.

Darzian
11-27-2008, 09:01 PM
My former (Thank God FORMER) neighbors used to cook something absolutely hideous. Once a week, there'd be an unbearable stench. I suspect the entrails of animals or some such.

Thankfully, they're gone.

regdog
11-27-2008, 09:07 PM
My former (Thank God FORMER) neighbors used to cook something absolutely hideous. Once a week, there'd be an unbearable stench. I suspect the entrails of animals or some such.

Thankfully, they're gone.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sick017.gif

Haggis
11-27-2008, 09:09 PM

And that's bad because....?