Spreading the good news!

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I called in at my regional radio station today as I happened to be in town, and within an hour I was being interviewed live about my NaNo! :D
The presenter made an interesting point - Ireland is in a deep recession in keeping with most of Europe and beyond, she pointed out that writing - and reading - is an activity that costs next to nothing and gives a lot of pleasure. I got a plug in for Absolutewrite too and said how much I had learned from you guys :Hug2:so we may see some more Newbies from Ireland. The station, Shannonside, also broadcasts on the 'net and after they interviewed me about my first book, I had a lovely letter from a man in the Czech Republic so the broadcast will have been heard in many other Countries!
The local paper is going to run a feature too, in next week's issue.
:e2woo:

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Post the link to the newspaper article--
I will when it comes out...
Just had an email from TORONTO a guy called Paul, who heard me on the radio show. Now, could that be anyone on here?????

Pink Ink

girl at heart
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pink-ink-pink.blogspot.com
That's awesome!

*costs next to nothing* Mmm, I like to think that, but in reality...

...it costs your soul.

*evil laugh*

Hey, I have an Irish bro in law. Maybe he heard your interview, who knows?

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Just had an email from TORONTO a guy called Paul, who heard me on the radio show. Now, could that be anyone on here?????

Wasn't me. :D

Good for you, Deccy!

One of our locals contacted our local newspaper before NaNo, and the reporter was so intrigued that she's NaNoing herself! She asked for emails about our NaNo experiences this year, and I sent her one. I think she's going to do a wrap-up article this weekend.

I'll be meeting her Saturday at a write-in. (Or for me, hopefully, an 'edit-in.' :) )

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
Brilliant, Deccy!

Is it possible there's a listen again facility for the radio interview?

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!!!

I hang out in the virtual Dublin in Second Life and love it there... obviously the love is online and off!

:D

I'm nowhere near Dublin, and like most Countries those who live in the capital city think they are a slightly different breed to those who do not. :D Do you have a link to second life? I've never heard of it, but it sounds interesting... ;)

rhgibson

Registered
Reaction score

Not me, either.
icon10.gif
But congratulations!