Missing salami

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
How come I can't find Hebrew National salami anywhere locally. All they have is Best's, which isn't as good. Is this a local problem or a national problem. I've complained, but to no avail.

Is there a shortage outside of Minneapolis/St.Paul?

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you go to hebrewnational.com you can have it search for stores that carry the salami. Or you can order it from the website.

MM

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
They used to have a great selection of Hebrew National meats at my local market but when the local meatpacker brand got cheaper and the Hebrew shipping got that much more expensive... What really sucks is that the local brand is made with less desirable ingredients.

Hopefully now they can ship you some in time for a nice holiday nosh!

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
As the only one of relatively few regular male posters on the cooking forums, I strive to avoid saying anything here that could be considered sexist or otherwise offensive. However, at the moment, I am having great difficulty suppressing the urge to make a "hide the salami" joke.

Your patience is appreciated.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
As the only regular male poster on the cooking forums, I strive to avoid saying anything here that could be considered sexist or otherwise offensive. However, at the moment, I am having great difficulty suppressing the urge to make a "hide the salami" joke.

Your patience is appreciated.

The only regular male poster?

*checks to make sure he still has his salami*

*cough*

Hebrew National salami is teh awesome. I haven't had any in years. Now I'm going to have to go out and see if I can find some.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
that stuff is good. i'm lucky,...it's in a lot of the stores around here! :)

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
I saw the title, 'Missing salami' and I said to myself, " Uh-oh... if these AW guys aren't way more refined then most other guys I know, they are going to have a field day with this one."
To your credit, I didn't see anyone grab themselves and say, "I've got your salami." :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the title, 'Missing salami' and I said to myself, " Uh-oh... if these AW guys aren't way more refined then most other guys I know, they are going to have a field day with this one."
To your credit, I didn't see anyone grab themselves and say, "I've got your salami." :)

Refined-R-Us. :)

Mostly.

Woof

Outward Hound
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I find all these salami jokes to be very crude and highly offensive. So please, gentlemen, let's have some decorum here. An inquiry was made about where to find a specific brand of salami, and the very least we can all do is to try and help locate one. Now the brand is Hebrew National, so that narrows down our search, because we know that the salami in question must be circumcised... :D