PDA

View Full Version : Missing salami

StephanieFox
11-26-2008, 06:10 AM
How come I can't find Hebrew National salami anywhere locally. All they have is Best's, which isn't as good. Is this a local problem or a national problem. I've complained, but to no avail.

Is there a shortage outside of Minneapolis/St.Paul?

MaryMumsy
11-26-2008, 07:16 AM
If you go to hebrewnational.com you can have it search for stores that carry the salami. Or you can order it from the website.

MM

C.bronco
11-26-2008, 07:28 AM
CONSPIRACY!

Alphabeter
11-26-2008, 10:39 AM
They used to have a great selection of Hebrew National meats at my local market but when the local meatpacker brand got cheaper and the Hebrew shipping got that much more expensive... What really sucks is that the local brand is made with less desirable ingredients.

Hopefully now they can ship you some in time for a nice holiday nosh!

shawkins
11-26-2008, 07:12 PM
As the only one of relatively few regular male posters on the cooking forums, I strive to avoid saying anything here that could be considered sexist or otherwise offensive. However, at the moment, I am having great difficulty suppressing the urge to make a "hide the salami" joke.

Your patience is appreciated.

Haggis
11-26-2008, 07:17 PM
As the only regular male poster on the cooking forums, I strive to avoid saying anything here that could be considered sexist or otherwise offensive. However, at the moment, I am having great difficulty suppressing the urge to make a "hide the salami" joke.

Your patience is appreciated.

The only regular male poster?

*checks to make sure he still has his salami*

*cough*

Hebrew National salami is teh awesome. I haven't had any in years. Now I'm going to have to go out and see if I can find some.

shawkins
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
The only regular male poster?

Well you haven't posted much lately. What where you been hiding?

Haggis
11-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Well you haven't posted much lately. What where you been hiding?

I've been too busy eating turkey skin.

shawkins
11-26-2008, 07:23 PM
By way of apology for the derail, I did some net.digging. Amazingly, amazon doesn't have it. But these guys apparently do:

http://www.goldsdelicatessen.com

cray
11-26-2008, 07:27 PM
that stuff is good. i'm lucky,...it's in a lot of the stores around here! :)

Haggis
11-26-2008, 07:30 PM
By way of apology for the derail, I did some net.digging. Amazingly, amazon doesn't have it. But these guys apparently do:

http://www.goldsdelicatessen.com

Gah! That makes me hungry.

shawkins
11-26-2008, 07:33 PM
I've never had it. I may swing by Whole Foods & see if they've got some.

Haggis
11-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I've never had it. I may swing by Whole Foods & see if they've got some.

They may. Let us know if you find it there. It's quite good.

MsK
11-26-2008, 07:44 PM
I saw the title, 'Missing salami' and I said to myself, " Uh-oh... if these AW guys aren't way more refined then most other guys I know, they are going to have a field day with this one."
To your credit, I didn't see anyone grab themselves and say, "I've got your salami." :)

Haggis
11-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I saw the title, 'Missing salami' and I said to myself, " Uh-oh... if these AW guys aren't way more refined then most other guys I know, they are going to have a field day with this one."
To your credit, I didn't see anyone grab themselves and say, "I've got your salami." :)

Refined-R-Us. :)

Mostly.

Woof
11-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Personally, I find all these salami jokes to be very crude and highly offensive. So please, gentlemen, let's have some decorum here. An inquiry was made about where to find a specific brand of salami, and the very least we can all do is to try and help locate one. Now the brand is Hebrew National, so that narrows down our search, because we know that the salami in question must be circumcised... :D

Shadow_Ferret
11-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Hmm. Cray is male. So am I.

I've never had Hebrew National salami. I assume it's kosher. I've never seen it available here. The salami I get is local, Usinger's or Klement's.

shawkins
11-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Hmm. Cray is male. So am I.

OK, my bad. (see edit) But you guys hardly ever post!

cooeedownunder
11-27-2008, 03:54 AM
The ferrets too busy worrying about getting ate or kicked elsewhere on AW

Shadow_Ferret
11-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah, what cooee said.

Alphabeter
11-30-2008, 08:58 AM

I was too busy hiding Haggis' from shawkins.