New Tricks Out Today

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Is it already stocked at B&N? Cuz I'm going to lunch in about 30 minutes and I'll swing by the store and pick it up if it is.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh sweet! I've been waiting for this one!

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
LEVITT! THAT IS SO AWESOME!

:roll::hooray: I just read the first chapter and laughed my head off. I can't wait to show my wife tonight. I am now officially famous. And you perfectly nailed my physical description. I'm seriously very honored.

Now everyone has to buy this book to discover my real secret alter ego!

Btw, my B&N had 6 copies (now 5) which somehow got re-arranged to take up more shelf space with all the covers facing outward. :Shrug:

payitforward

Muppet Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nancyhigh.wordpress.com
John, that's fabulous! And I like the cover too. Are you going to link up that cool "search inside this book" function on Amazon? I'm going to Borders today, so I'll see if it's there!
Nancy

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
John, that's fabulous! And I like the cover too. Are you going to link up that cool "search inside this book" function on Amazon? I'm going to Borders today, so I'll see if it's there!
Nancy
I've been trying to get Amazon to do that for a year, with no success. I've bugged my editor at Ace so many times that she's sick of hearing about it.

Apparently they are so backlogged they only do some books, and their criteria is obscure. Name authors usually get it done, but I've also seen quite a few debut authors in uf and paranormals that also manage to get that perk. Bantam Spectra seems to have an in on that.

It's really a shame, because with a new author, you never know what you're going to get. Even a few pages is often enough to tell if you'll like the book or not -- I'm hesitant to buy a book myself without being able to at least get a look at it unless I already know the author's work.

Of course, I prefer bookstores anyway, and have a great F/SF bookstore five minutes from my house, but not everyone is so fortunate.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
That's outstanding, man! You just jumped to the top of the reading list.

Wait... you put III in a book?

There'll be no living with him, now...

payitforward

Muppet Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nancyhigh.wordpress.com
I've been trying to get Amazon to do that for a year, with no success. I've bugged my editor at Ace so many times that she's sick of hearing about it.

Apparently they are so backlogged they only do some books, and their criteria is obscure. Name authors usually get it done, but I've also seen quite a few debut authors in uf and paranormals that also manage to get that perk. Bantam Spectra seems to have an in on that.

It's really a shame, because with a new author, you never know what you're going to get. Even a few pages is often enough to tell if you'll like the book or not -- I'm hesitant to buy a book myself without being able to at least get a look at it unless I already know the author's work.

Of course, I prefer bookstores anyway, and have a great F/SF bookstore five minutes from my house, but not everyone is so fortunate.

Oh, wow, I had no idea it was a such a hassle. Well, then, we'll just all have to go out and buy your book so that Amazon stands up and takes better care of you ;)

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
That's so great! Well done! Next time I'm in Borders I'm gonna grab a copy of both!

If its not inappropriate to the thread, can I ask you something? I noticed that you posted links to external reviews on your books Amazon page and that you have a blog there? can anyone do that or do you need some special kind of account?

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
If its not inappropriate to the thread, can I ask you something? I noticed that you posted links to external reviews on your books Amazon page and that you have a blog there? can anyone do that or do you need some special kind of account?
Anyone can. I'll PM you and explain how to do it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score