Holiday suggestions.

ChessSafari

Don't Ever Quit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twchesssafari.blogspot.com
Looking for suggestions for a holiday gift for someone that literally has everything (and she can afford to buy anything she doesn't have...)

Please post your ideas here.

P.S. Don't suggest batteries.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
someone that literally has everything

Antibiotics?

Sorry - I have the same problem with my brother - he can afford, and much more easily than me, to buy whatever he wants.

So I get him 'experiences'. As he's very into nature conservation etc I've adopted him endangered animals at the zoo ( Helps with costs of breeding programs), sent him on an osprey birdwatching day etc. He's also into history in a big way, so there's been guided tours of various castles and special 'experts talk' days at museums. Stuff that he wouldn't necessarily think of to get for himself but really enjoys.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
A home cooked meal or basket of your favorite cookies/pastries/fudge, a framed picture of you and your friend, a poem, a copy of your favorite book, an invitation over to watch your favorite movie and share a bottle of wine, or a fruit basket.

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
How much are you looking to spend?

I always have great gift ideas - and many are very inexpensive.

Are you looking to purchase or are you looking to make?

ChessSafari

Don't Ever Quit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twchesssafari.blogspot.com
How much are you looking to spend?

I always have great gift ideas - and many are very inexpensive.

Are you looking to purchase or are you looking to make?

Less than $100. I want to give her something that she will look at again after she opens it.

Please share any and all ideas. And even if I don't use them, someone else here may be inspired.

Practical joke gifts are okay too. She once sent me a bowling ball she painted (very nice actually....a work of art), but used Fedex and charged it to my credit card.

She sent a friend a pet alligator (so I don't want to encourage her to retaliate by sending something really odd).

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
Less than $100. I want to give her something that she will look at again after she opens it.

A mirror?

Seriously, I'm one of those people that just doesn't want "things." I always ask for experiences, like Idiots suggested. This year I'm hoping for pilot lessons, but we'll see. Dinner theatre tickets, the arts, sports events, concerts are all things that appeal to me.

Good luck!

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Something they've been meaning to buy but never got around to it? My brother tends to by toys and fun things even though he doesn't quite have enough plates for Christmas Dinner when we all crowd into his house. He has the money-- but when he's got a few bucks he buys another digital camera or more DVDs or such. One place people forget about is the car-- I totally recommend the shake-to-charge LED flashlights for putting the car. No batteries to die, and always ready to shine when needed.

How about some sort of personalized gift? I buy my family funny tee shirts that reflect their interests (or make them myself through cafe press). It shows them that I'm paying attention to them. Or something you can make-- if you have the skills. My brother made me a box for one of my card games.

Your time and company. No, seriously. I second the aforementioned suggestions of tickets to an event. If you're close to this person, then you going along would be a bonus. You might even take them to some off-beat out of the way often over-looked museum (like we have five or six local museums that are a blast, but most people don't even know they're there.)