Favorite Thanksgiving Dish

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
What's the one dish you look forward to all year, JUST ONE.

For me, its stuffing. Any kind, boxed, or home made....can't get enough of it. Moist or dry. God I love it.

How bout you?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly can't say I look forward to a specific Thanksgiving dish all year long. But, since stuffing is somethig we only make at Thanksgiving and Christmas at my MIL's, I'd have to go with that.

The other thing she makes for Thanksgiving that I really like are creamed pearl onions. When my BIL is there (and he will be this year) he adds parmesan to them. Yum.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Those sound deeeeeelish! I can't wait for seconds and thirds on the Stuffing! And the pie!!!!!!!! It really is all about the pecan pie the next morning, with cream and coffee.

SarahDavidson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't know if I can pick just one...

I usually like to snag the skin off the turkey. Barbaric, but oh-so-good. But that's just *part* of a dish...

As far as a single "dish" that I like the best... I'd have to say the seven-layer salad. It's so simple, but so good. Lettuce, celery, water chestnuts, green onions, hard-boiled egg, bacon bits, peas, and a garlic-onion-mayo-sour cream concoction of dressing. The M-I-L is an awesome cook, so we usually do thanksgiving at their house. YUM.

Also, one cannot discount the usefulness and deliciousness of "leftover sandwiches." But again, technically, that isn't a Thanksgiving dish. That's a day-after-Thanksgiving gorgefest. Pile the leftover turkey, stuffing, gravy, and--if you're adventurous--some of the contrasting vegetable sides, onto a day-old Thanksgiving roll. Heat, eat, and be full. Or just nosh it down cold.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Stuffing.

Pumpkin pie.

Sweet potato casserole with apples and pecans (and NO marshmallows).

Cranberry-orange relish.

Oh wait, we can only pick one? Crud. Um, it has to be the stuffing.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
My homemade cranberry sauce. Fresh cranberries, a few Craisins, a splash of fresh orange juice, a few drops of red wine, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg...you can keep your Ocean Spray. Mine is really good.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet potatoes with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts. Yum. A close second is stuffing.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Also, one cannot discount the usefulness and deliciousness of "leftover sandwiches." But again, technically, that isn't a Thanksgiving dish. That's a day-after-Thanksgiving gorgefest. Pile the leftover turkey, stuffing, gravy, and--if you're adventurous--some of the contrasting vegetable sides, onto a day-old Thanksgiving roll. Heat, eat, and be full. Or just nosh it down cold.

Oh man, left over turkey sandwiches on white bread with a tad bit of salt and lots of may and cranberry jelly....omg. Better than sex. And I wont be able to bite into one cause of these gawdarnfriggin braces I had clamped onto my teeth! yea, Jennifer, good idea!

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
gravy

Gravy on some sort of gravy delivery system (stuffing, bread, dressing, rice, noodles).

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Stuffing with sausage and pecans with gravy over it--then again hot mincemeat pie under vanilla icecream ain't bad either :}~~~~~

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Buttery mashed potatoes.

Pumpkin pies - plural!

Leftover sammiches is something I'll miss this year, since we're going to Mexico on Friday. :(

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
Stuffing. Definitely stuffing.