What's the worst Christmas song ever?

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
So much cheese, so little time. It might be Christmas Shoes, where the little boy wants to buy shoes for his dying mother. Or what about the one with the donkey?

Post the offenders here.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. What a laugh it would have been if Daddy had only seen ...

Uh, no, it would have been a double homicide and the end of Christmas for all mankind because of your slutty mom. Hardly a "laugh".

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think we've done this before. There's just so many to choose from.

This year I'll select Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, with an dishonorable mention to any song featuring animals for the vocals.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. What a laugh it would have been if Daddy had only seen ...

Uh, no, it would have been a double homicide and the end of Christmas for all mankind because of your slutty mom. Hardly a "laugh".
What version are you listening to? Santa Claus IS daddy. dressed up for putting the gifts under the tree.

Isn't he? Tell me he is, please? I dont want my whole childhood to come crashing down around my ears this close to Christmas.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
One forlorn holiday, during flight delays, I sat in an airport bar listening to some holiday dirge called "Chrissy the Christmas Mouse" that filled me with despair. It was a fairly obvious attempt to create another Rudolph-type character, except nobody had thought to come up with a singable tune for it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Madonna's Santa Baby

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I'm gonna put in a vote for animals singing.

And I have to nominate the reggae version of Jingle Bells.

(This is my first Christmas in eleven years that I am not working in retail and thus not subjected to 8 hours a day, five days a week, inundation of Christmas songs... so I actually may not hear the reggae Jingle Bells this year. It is a good Christmas already. =)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
BAD BAD BAD BAD THREAD.

No, I didn't read this thread before posting. I don't want to. NAH NAH NAH. I can't get these damn bad songs stuck in head.

NOT HAPPENING.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
What version are you listening to? Santa Claus IS daddy. dressed up for putting the gifts under the tree.

Isn't he? Tell me he is, please? I dont want my whole childhood to come crashing down around my ears this close to Christmas.

Is that what that song's about? I never picked up on it. Noooo. Is it? Daddy went through all the trouble of dressing up like Santa, knowing the kid was asleep in bed, then blows the illusion by kissing Mommy. It's a no-win situation. Perhaps it's one of those songs that's best not to over-think.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*puts on Scrooge hat*

Three-way tie:

Grandma Got Run Over... (ick, ick, ick!)
Santa Baby (a pox on unadulterated greed!)
The Christmas Shoes (manipulative! I hates me that manipulation!)

And I despise hearing carols ANYWHERE before 12/1.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
All of them. I wear my iPod everywhere after Nov. 1, in order to avoid hearing even a single Xmas song. We hates them, we does.
Scrooge.
Is that what that song's about? I never picked up on it. Noooo. Is it? Daddy went through all the trouble of dressing up like Santa, knowing the kid was asleep in bed, then blows the illusion by kissing Mommy. It's a no-win situation. Perhaps it's one of those songs that's best not to over-think.
Yeah, I thought it was just a cute little song, certainly not about mom being unfaithful! Gah, what kind of Christmas is that?

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Darling by the Carpenters is sort of God awful. Once I gave it a few listens as an adult, I decided that she's either singing to a) her married lover or b) somebody who died. Either way, so festive!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So much cheese, so little time. It might be Christmas Shoes, where the little boy wants to buy shoes for his dying mother.

certainly not about mom being unfaithful! Gah, what kind of Christmas is that?

I know this is Christmas songs, but you want to talk about bad, as in too sad, The Little Matchstick Girl. I remember that Christmas special from when I was a kid, she freezes to death on Christmas Eve. Now that's how to spread holiday cheer.

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, III, Santa Claus in that song is daddy. :rolleyes:

Scrooges. All you all are Scrooges. Next thing you know, you'll be stapling antlers onto the heads of mice. :tongue