Kids and remote controls

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
My 7-year-old got her hands on the remote control for the cable box, and ended up ordering PPV! :e2smack:

I kinda reminded her we already have the movie Chicken Little. I really don't know how she managed to do that, though. Sure, it's kinda funny, but, still!

I'm just glad it wasn't anything Rated R or something. Hubby has put off setting the parental controls on that thing. Maybe now would be a good time.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe yesterday would have been a better time. :D

And if you don't know how to set them, I'm sure your seven-year-old could tell you. :tongue

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
How good is the 7 year old on the comp? if she plays games, etc, give her her own low-access acct and use an alpha-numeric password for any other access such as admin, etc.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
My 8-year-old has been using the remotes better than my wife for several years now.

In fact, our rec room TV requires different settings for the Wii, X-Box, and cable and my wife hasn't figured it out yet, but my 8-year-old mastered it.

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
Maybe yesterday would have been a better time. :D

And if you don't know how to set them, I'm sure your seven-year-old could tell you. :tongue

With some coaching from the 1-year-old! :ROFL:

It's funny how kids can figure stuff like that out. And, yeah, she does play computer games. In fact, she has her own account on the computer. She earned that honor after getting onto my account and turning one of my Word documents into a ZIP file. (To this day, I can't open it. What else did she do to it??) There's no way I'm letting her have the password to my account. :scared:

Still, the mind boggles over just how tech savvy kids can be.