PDA

View Full Version : i am already planning

Nivarion
11-24-2008, 01:59 AM
the people here quite apparently love april first. and so do I! i had already begun planning what i will be doing late march 31, when it hit me, i don't know what the boundaries of the pranks i can pull are.

what am i allowed to do, and not do?

scarletpeaches
11-24-2008, 02:01 AM
You are not allowed to punk important people, like me.

MacAllister, Medievalist and so on - they're all fair game. :D

Ken
11-24-2008, 02:04 AM
last April Fool's was a blast. The Mods switched lots of members avatars so nobody knew who was who :-D

Medievalist
11-24-2008, 02:18 AM
the people here quite apparently love april first. and so do I! i had already begun planning what i will be doing late march 31, when it hit me, i don't know what the boundaries of the pranks i can pull are.

what am i allowed to do, and not do?

Not much, actually :D Most of the threads you're seeing were instigated by MacAllister or mods.

Medievalist
11-24-2008, 02:19 AM
You are not allowed to punk important people, like me.

MacAllister, Medievalist and so on - they're all fair game. :D

I'm going to remember you said this.

:D

scarletpeaches
11-24-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm going to remember you said this.

Who? Me? Oh no, that was my evil twin...uh...harlotscreeches.

dclary
11-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Who? Me? Oh no, that was my evil twin...uh...harlotscreeches.

Wait, that's not your real name?

Stew21
11-24-2008, 07:32 PM
As long as you make sure no innocents get hurt, April Fool's is fair game. Obviously.

Nivarion
11-24-2008, 07:50 PM
okay, well i was thinking of making a new acc that talks like a txt idt, who can spl nothing, and is not nice 2 no1. and post fantasy stuff in the non fiction section... it will be quite obvious its not a real person, as i will be acting as stupid as i can but...

Stew21
11-24-2008, 07:53 PM
just make sure at least one mod knows your identity. :)

mscelina
11-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I'd just like to point out for the record, that telling us what you're going to do on April first kind of defeats the purpose.

;)

Stew21
11-24-2008, 07:58 PM
(that's kinda what I was thinking, too.)

dclary
11-24-2008, 09:08 PM
okay, well i was thinking of making a new acc that talks like a txt idt, who can spl nothing, and is not nice 2 no1. and post fantasy stuff in the non fiction section... it will be quite obvious its not a real person, as i will be acting as stupid as i can but...

I'm not sure scarlett's going to appreciate you imitating her like that.

dpaterso
11-24-2008, 09:31 PM
<Adds everyone who posted in this thread to his ever-growing "troublemakers to watch out for" list>

-Derek

Stew21
11-24-2008, 09:42 PM
You've all been listed. So says Pastor Ed (that's dpaterso all scrambled up).

trish, been on that list for two years.

dpaterso
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
<Adds Stew's name to list for the 19th time this month.>

<Addendum: play wicked April 1st prank on Stew.>

-Derek

Stew21
11-24-2008, 10:36 PM
note to self:
HIDE on April 1st.

Yeshanu
11-25-2008, 05:47 AM

Unfortunately, we do occasionally get real posters like that. They don't tend to last long, unless they're long-time members who are lolcat fanatics, in which case, we have a whole thread full of that sort of txt spk.

As for the usual April 1 prank the mods play, I've got my avvie saved to photobucket. They can kick me, but I won't stay down for long. :D

Jersey Chick
11-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Well, no matter how many joke threads there are, you can be sure I will be there, earnestly trying to help out the clueness newbs and telling the trollish ones to watch out before they get banned. I'm super-gullible on April 1st, but at least I have a sense of humor about it. :D

Medievalist
11-25-2008, 06:54 AM
We do have to be a little careful. A couple of years ago well-intentioned April Fools hijinks really upset some people.

Stew21
11-25-2008, 06:43 PM
It upset some people last year, too.

Nivarion
11-25-2008, 11:19 PM
i saw some of those posts, the ones yelling at the mods. "How could you have not helped those people like that" and "did everyone go crazy yesterday?" and etc.

the problem i have with lolcatz is that i had to eradicate them from my writing last year so i could start learning to do it right and funny enough, i cant do them any more.

Medievalist
11-25-2008, 11:24 PM
It upset some people last year, too.

I'm very sorry Stew. None of us intended that.

Should we maybe coordinate to use a special font color, or sig or something?

I hate the idea of causing distress.

Stew21
11-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Ah, I think they've all gotten over it reasonably well, Lisa. and maybe they've been cautioned now to mark the date for chaos at AW. ;)

Jersey Chick
11-25-2008, 11:35 PM
And are now planning paybacks... mwahahahaha :D

Nivarion
11-26-2008, 12:02 AM
hmm maybe the sig "You all suck, I'm going to go cut my wrists"

Shadow_Ferret
11-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I hate April Fool's.

I'll be taking the week off.

cooeedownunder
11-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Gosh, already wishin the next few months away.

Polenth
11-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm very sorry Stew. None of us intended that.

Should we maybe coordinate to use a special font color, or sig or something?

I hate the idea of causing distress.

I think it's good to keep in mind jokes are there to make others laugh. If it makes someone cry, there's no harm in telling them you didn't intend to hurt them (I'd hope you didn't intend to, or it wasn't really a joke).

There is harm in trying to bully them into laughing or telling them off for not finding it funny. Which is what happened last year (e.g., lighten up, get a sense of humour, there's something wrong with you if you didn't find that funny). That was far more unpleasant than the jokes themselves.

It was only a few people doing that, but it only takes a few. If you cuffed them round the ear in the days after April Fools, that'd make it far nicer. An unfunny joke is easy to forget. Someone attacking you for not finding is funny is much harder.

donroc
11-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Has anyone not been a fool at least once?

One April 1st, a group of us sat imbibing great wine and food, and each described the most foolish thing we ever did. I recommended it.

euclid
11-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Has anyone not been a fool at least once?

One April 1st, a group of us sat imbibing great wine and food, and each described the most foolish thing we ever did. I recommended it.

I tried that one day, in the privacy of my own head. I started a list of the times that I made a complete fool of myself. Lost count at about 2,500.

:e2paperba

Nivarion
11-27-2008, 02:41 AM
so as i understand it, if we have a methood for telling our "noobs" from our new members that picked the wrong day, and the mods know ahead of time what we are going to do, its all good that day?

C.bronco
11-27-2008, 03:57 AM
I dunno, but if Cranky brings back the sausage guy, we're all in for a party!

Mr Flibble
11-27-2008, 05:36 PM

I'll hide his sausage any time :)

I'm considering subjecting everyone to my own complete nervous breakdown come April.

Soccer Mom
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow. I'm glad I didn't partake in the foolishness.

Oh, I can't say it with a straight face. Okay, fair warning everyone. What happens on April 1st stays on April 1st. ;)

Cranky
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM

I'll hide his sausage any time :)

I'm considering subjecting everyone to my own complete nervous breakdown come April.

I've heard tell that he might be donning his chef's hat once more. Though there are a few other folks chomping at the bit for their turn in the spotlight.

Mr Flibble
12-04-2008, 12:57 AM
I've heard tell that he might be donning his chef's hat once more. Though there are a few other folks chomping at the bit for their turn in the spotlight.

*swoons*

yeah I know I'm weird. He looks like Thor kk?

Maybe Batista could make a comeback and loom over everyone, as he does so well.

Fox The Cave
12-08-2008, 01:10 AM
People actually got upset...?

Lame.

Medievalist
12-08-2008, 01:13 AM
People actually got upset...?

Lame.

No, it really wasn't. There are some diabolically clever writers here.

Don
12-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Mine's all planned.

I'm gonna create a new account, then accuse Mac of being an angry hysterical girl with a potty mouth who wears jackboots and a bikini and trods all over free speech with her blatant liberal censorship, meanwhile lowering the male level of discourse by so blatantly displaying her hawtness.

Wait, that one's already been done? :ROFL: