i am already planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
the people here quite apparently love april first. and so do I! i had already begun planning what i will be doing late march 31, when it hit me, i don't know what the boundaries of the pranks i can pull are.

what am i allowed to do, and not do?

Reaction score
You are not allowed to punk important people, like me.

MacAllister, Medievalist and so on - they're all fair game. :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
last April Fool's was a blast. The Mods switched lots of members avatars so nobody knew who was who :-D

Deleted member 42

the people here quite apparently love april first. and so do I! i had already begun planning what i will be doing late march 31, when it hit me, i don't know what the boundaries of the pranks i can pull are.

what am i allowed to do, and not do?

Not much, actually :D Most of the threads you're seeing were instigated by MacAllister or mods.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
As long as you make sure no innocents get hurt, April Fool's is fair game. Obviously.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
okay, well i was thinking of making a new acc that talks like a txt idt, who can spl nothing, and is not nice 2 no1. and post fantasy stuff in the non fiction section... it will be quite obvious its not a real person, as i will be acting as stupid as i can but...

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
okay, well i was thinking of making a new acc that talks like a txt idt, who can spl nothing, and is not nice 2 no1. and post fantasy stuff in the non fiction section... it will be quite obvious its not a real person, as i will be acting as stupid as i can but...

I'm not sure scarlett's going to appreciate you imitating her like that.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
<Adds everyone who posted in this thread to his ever-growing "troublemakers to watch out for" list>

-Derek

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
You've all been listed. So says Pastor Ed (that's dpaterso all scrambled up).

trish, been on that list for two years.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
<Adds Stew's name to list for the 19th time this month.>

<Addendum: play wicked April 1st prank on Stew.>

-Derek

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Unfortunately, we do occasionally get real posters like that. They don't tend to last long, unless they're long-time members who are lolcat fanatics, in which case, we have a whole thread full of that sort of txt spk.

As for the usual April 1 prank the mods play, I've got my avvie saved to photobucket. They can kick me, but I won't stay down for long. :D

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Well, no matter how many joke threads there are, you can be sure I will be there, earnestly trying to help out the clueness newbs and telling the trollish ones to watch out before they get banned. I'm super-gullible on April 1st, but at least I have a sense of humor about it. :D

Deleted member 42

We do have to be a little careful. A couple of years ago well-intentioned April Fools hijinks really upset some people.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
i saw some of those posts, the ones yelling at the mods. "How could you have not helped those people like that" and "did everyone go crazy yesterday?" and etc.

the problem i have with lolcatz is that i had to eradicate them from my writing last year so i could start learning to do it right and funny enough, i cant do them any more.

Deleted member 42

It upset some people last year, too.

I'm very sorry Stew. None of us intended that.

Should we maybe coordinate to use a special font color, or sig or something?

I hate the idea of causing distress.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I think they've all gotten over it reasonably well, Lisa. and maybe they've been cautioned now to mark the date for chaos at AW. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.