Query for Internet Column to Published Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_Helm09

For nearly six years, I have been writing an Internet column humorously summarizing some of the worst cinema has to offer. With almost 300 columns -- I think I'm up to about 280 and counting, I'd like to see this project published in print, or at least the best 50 columns to start. As in Hollywood, there's always room for a sequel!

The problem I'm having is how to "sell" it in an agent query. My last query went alright -- the agent said it was a very good idea, but sadly he didn't handle humor (even though it seems that so many agents have "humor" listed under their genres), but now I'm trying again to find representation and I'm not quite sure how to describe the project.

Is it an anthology? a collection? something else?

How do I broach the wrinkle that it's technically already published (via the Internet)? The website is a popular independent pop-culture site, but I'm not quite sure about its broad appeal as it used to be, primarily, a professional-wrestling related site.

I want to put the best possible face on what I find to be a great, long-running project that would make an even better book (or -- fingers crossed -- series of books); I'm just having a little trouble ironing out the wrinkles.

For reference, an archive of my columns can be found below.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
JumpTheShark.com has a book that was published that was essentially a collection of jump the shark articles. You might consider contacting the owner of that site and asking how he approached it. I don't have any other advice though. I hope you're successful. Good luck!

:)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Will, I'm afraid I don't have any advice on how to get this type of thing published in a book. I'm sure someone will pop in here soon who does. But have you thought about approaching a Television Magazine to start your own column reviewing films? This could be something to do whilst researching how to get a book published.

Status
Not open for further replies.