:D

Hahaha. I've already got that nailed.

maestrowork
11-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Another one bites the dust...

Congrats!

Serenity
11-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Congratulations!!! I wish both of you all the happiness in the world.

Serenity
11-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Hahaha. I've already got that nailed.

The 'yes dear' button has been activated. You are now ready to get married for sure. :D

maestrowork
11-22-2008, 07:38 PM
The 'yes dear' button has been activated. You are now ready to get married for sure. :D

That explains so much about my pathetic state of pre-marital arrangements.

Cranky
11-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Congratulations, Seun! Wishing you much happiness. :)

tjwriter
11-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Congrats!

I didn't enjoy the wedding planning phase (read: year), but I enjoy being married.

CACTUSWENDY
11-22-2008, 07:53 PM
I am sooooo happy for you. Much happiness and joy in the years to come.

:LilLove:

:PartySmil :e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer: :PartySmil

Rolling Thunder
11-22-2008, 07:56 PM
You poor devil. Congratulations! :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
May you be as happy as Ol' Boy and I have been! :)

Maryn
11-22-2008, 08:24 PM
How lovely! Mr. Maryn is not at all a soap-opera kind of guy who says romantic stuff, but he once said that being married was probably the greatest contribution to his personal happiness. (Wow, huh? Note that he only said it once.) May it prove the same for you and your bride.

Maryn, married forever

Plot Device
11-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Congrats! :)

mscelina
11-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Well, then I guess we'll schedule the wake for August 30th...

Congratulations! May you have all of the happiness and blessings the world can provide in your marriage. Bless you both. :)

DamaNegra
11-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Congratulations!! :)

regdog
11-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Congrats and best wishes

Sophia
11-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Congratulations, seun! :)

Old Hack
11-22-2008, 11:52 PM
1) Do you have any particular woman in mind?

2) When we got married (my husband and me, not me and Seun) we didn't tell anyone, had no guests other than our two boys and our two (required) witnesses, and it was the most stress-free, relaxed, and happy wedding I've ever been to. Remember it's your day and you don't "have" to do anything that you don't want to, so long as you fulfill all legal requirements.

Oh, and congratulations!

Beach Bunny
11-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Congratulations. :)

Clair Dickson
11-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Remember, marital and martial are only one letter different. They're both an art.

And... remember to work on being friends as well as lovers. A marriage is like a garden. It can grow into a wonderful, beautiful thing, but it takes a lot of work to get and keep it that way.

Congrats.

kristie911
11-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Congratulations, Seun! I wish you and your bride-to-be the best.

And I just want to say I agree with Old Hack. You can spend a couple thousand dollars on your wedding or $20,000 but the outcome will be the same...you'll end up married. The first way you can still afford a stellar honeymoon...the second way, you'll just be $20,000 in the hole. ;)

Good luck!

Kitrianna
11-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Congrats! May your relationship always be as wonderful as it is now. :)

thethinker42
11-23-2008, 04:44 AM
...married.

August 29th next year.
:hooray:

Srsly???

*watches the distant horizon for the other three Horsemen...*

WendyNYC
11-23-2008, 04:46 AM
Great news! Congrats!

darrtwish
11-23-2008, 04:47 AM
Congrats!

benbradley
11-23-2008, 04:50 AM
*kills self*
Don't do it, he's got a whole ten months to change his mind.

Srsly???

*watches the distant horizon for the other three Horsemen...*
Seun, what is it about you that makes them want you so much?

Not that I'm looking to get married or anything...

maestrowork
11-23-2008, 04:52 AM

Obviously, it's the bald head. The same reason why cray wants to marry III so bad.

thethinker42
11-23-2008, 04:53 AM

WTH??? I just figured it was a sign of the Apocalypse. I didn't say I wanted to marry him myself.

astonwest
11-23-2008, 05:24 AM
My condol.......er, congratulations to you!

Susie
11-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Way2go and congrats, seun. That's wonderful!

William Haskins
11-23-2008, 06:38 AM
congratulations.

Meerkat
11-23-2008, 06:43 AM
This isn't just some stunt so you don't have to make decisions anymore or have to control the remote for the TV, is it?

Even if it is, congratulations Seun, and every happiness to you and your lovely...victim.

seun
11-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Don't do it, he's got a whole ten months to change his mind.

It's my rugged good looks. And I have a very long tongue. :D

We've been engaged for a few months but I didn't say anything here until we had a date set. Now all we need to do now is ignore all the family bollocks that comes with getting married.

thethinker42
11-23-2008, 04:45 PM
And I have a very long tongue. :D

Oh. Well. That explains it.

We've been engaged for a few months but I didn't say anything here until we had a date set. Now all we need to do now is ignore all the family bollocks that comes with getting married.

Have fun. I knew our wedding was off to a good start when my MIL picked a fight with my (now)husband during the rehearsal dinner, and he ended up storming out. Ahhh, memories. Just ignore the BS and enjoy your day. :D

scarletpeaches
11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
It's my rugged good looks. And I have a very long tongue. :D

*PMs seun her address*

You might be able to help me research chapter thirteen of my NaNo...

...And decide how you're going to wear those long, flowing locks of yours on the day. :D

seun
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
...And decide how you're going to wear those long, flowing locks of yours on the day. :D

I'm going to use my afro.

joyce
11-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Congratulations. Family always seems to make that special day oh so special! I know mine did. My mother & father-law wanted us to steal ketchup packets from McDonalds to use at the dinner. My in-laws were a total class act!:D

By the way, as long as your tongue is in shape, don't worry about the hair.

scarletpeaches
11-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm going to use my afro.

Tip: don't outshine the bride.

thethinker42
11-24-2008, 04:34 AM
Tip: don't outshine the bride.

As long as he makes sure that her afro is bigger than his, they'll be fine.

ErylRavenwell
11-24-2008, 06:14 AM
Congrat my good bald fella. Best of luck.

Yeshanu
11-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Congrats, Seun!

Cassiopeia
11-24-2008, 09:59 AM
...married.

August 29th next year.
:hooray:That's my brother's birthday. He's a git. I'd change the date. ;)

Oh and congratulations, btw. :D

Akuma
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Congrats, Seun! Wish I had that kind of love and discipline. Then again, maybe marriage just isn't for me. God knows that whole Mail-Order-Russian-Bride fiasco left me scarred. Be careful filling out those forms. The check box for 'Seductive Dominatrix' is right next to 'Angry Male Husband Who Drinks Too Much'.

Bmwhtly
11-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Congratulations, seun!
When's the baby due?

Just kidding. Really hearty Congratufabulations!
(If you're only marrying her so she'll release your family from a cellar before they starve, blink now)

oneblindmouse
11-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Congratulations, Seun. May you and your wife-to-be find true and lasting happiness.

Perks
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Terrific news! You guys look good together (saw you in the AW family album) and if you're doing jumping smileys for us, it only bodes well.

Congratulations, sir.

seun
11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
You're all too kind. Thanks. :)

HeronW
11-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Lessee, 20K + AW invites, you're gonna be busy!
Congrats! :}

Williebee
11-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Outstanding news, mate!

Congrats and Good Luck.

Stlight
11-25-2008, 09:23 AM
congrats. During all the preparations, during the wedding, keep one thing in mind - when the fuss, the bother, and the hissy fits are over you will be with the one you love and life will be new, different, and the same all at once.

Stlight

Judg
11-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Very cool. Congrats. We got through our wedding with no family dramas. No stomping, no fights, no hissy fits.

My son and his fiancee moaned and groaned about the hassles of wedding preparation, but six months later (already???) they are very glad they didn't elope after all. A wedding is also a time for family and friends to show their love and support. And you can have a wonderful wedding without buying a single bride's magazine or following a bunch of ridiculous rules that somebody with too much time on their hands has invented. I just learned this year that all the family is supposed to conform to a colour scheme. I was astonished. And we totally ignored that one. Do you seriously expect me to believe that the wedding pictures will be ruined if the mothers don't have colour-coordinated dresses???

Sorry, getting sidetracked. I'm very happy for you guys.

seun
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Just to keep you all updated, the wedding plans continue. We bought our rings yesterday and if we can find anywhere to honeymoon in our budget, we're set. :D

Now all we need to do is tell a few family members to shut the feck up about who they think we should invite.

Susie
01-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Congrats, seun. Wishin' you and your lovely bride much happiness and hope the few family members don't give you guys a hard time!

Yeshanu
01-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Now all we need to do is tell a few family members to shut the feck up about who they think we should invite.

:roll:

It's all real now, isn't it? :D

Still wishing you all the best, Seun.

seun
01-04-2009, 08:14 PM
The problem is from the person I'd least expect to give me trouble. My dad. Basically, unless I invite my step sister, he won't be there.

She and I don't get on. We never have. We have nothing to do with one another other than occasionally seeing each other at odd times. Our wedding ceremony and dinner afterwards is going to be very small (due to space and money constraints) so I'm damned if I'm going to be forced to have someone there against mine and my fiancee's wishes - even if it means my dad not coming. She'll be invited to the reception but that's as far as I go. :rant:

scarletpeaches
01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Invite me. I'll take the bitch out.

seun
01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
:ROFL:

Best offer I've had all day.

scarletpeaches
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Well. It'll take my mind off the heartbreak and what's a wedding without a fight, right? :D

Seriously, though. It's your day. If it were me - bearing in mind I'm more of a ballbreaker than most - if my dad said "If you don't invite so-and-so, I'm not coming," I'd say, "Enjoy your day alone in the house, old-timer. I'm off to get hitched."

Fuck 'em. It's yours and the future Mrs Seun's die bitch die I hate you wah wah wah day and even though it's not the wedding that's important but the marriage, no-one else has to live your life for you and it should be the day you want, not a cause for emotional blackmail.

seun
01-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm going to talk to him tonight so we'll see what happens. Obviously I want him there but not like this.

Siddow
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Would the step-sis even come?

See, I'd invite her if I knew she wouldn't come.

scarletpeaches
01-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't. But then I'm headstrong enough for people to know if I say it's mine and my fiance's day, that's the end of the conversation.

I can imagine getting married one day and my husband becoming number one. Everyone else's thoughts and opinions would be secondary.

But like I said. That's just me.

Yeshanu
01-04-2009, 09:06 PM
The problem is from the person I'd least expect to give me trouble. My dad. Basically, unless I invite my step sister, he won't be there.

She and I don't get on. We never have. We have nothing to do with one another other than occasionally seeing each other at odd times. Our wedding ceremony and dinner afterwards is going to be very small (due to space and money constraints) so I'm damned if I'm going to be forced to have someone there against mine and my fiancee's wishes - even if it means my dad not coming. She'll be invited to the reception but that's as far as I go. :rant:

I'm sorry your dad is resorting to what amounts to emotional blackmail. You have a right to invite or not invite who you wish to your wedding. After all, it is your day.

Personally, if I were in your position, I'd send the invitation to your dad and not your step-sister, and tell him you're not changing your mind. End of conversation.

It's then up to him to make his own decision about whether or not to come. Just tell him, if you can, that whatever decision he makes, he's still your dad and you still love him. But you have to do this your way, not his.

:Hug2:

smoothseas
01-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Mazel Tov!
and Happiness Always ...

truelyana
01-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Don't know what to say. If you're happy, and your partner is happy, than I give you many years of happiness together. :)

Sean D. Schaffer
01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
...married.

August 29th next year.
:hooray:

Congratulations, Seun! :hooray: Best wishes to you. :)

Snowstorm
01-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Congrats, seun! Best wishes on a happy life.

(Best wishes on working out the drama with your dad and your stepsister. Life's just too short.)

seun
01-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the support. Haven't seen my dad (probably a good idea I don't see him for a few weeks), but after speaking to my fiancee, we went for a gamble and invited my step sister. There are no kids at our wedding so it's not definite she can come as she has two. At least I've made the offer...to have someone I don't want at the most important day of my life. :Shrug: