• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Beta: YA Fantasy (not vampires! haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythica

Expert Gerbil Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.courtneyallisonmoulton.com
I'm looking for a beta/crit partner for a 70k word YA dark/urban fantasy called THE PRELIATOR.

I'm very willing to return the favor if you write YA dark/urban fantasy, too.

If you'd like to check out a sample of my project you can read a snippet on my website: http://www.courtneyallisonmoulton.com

Here's the pitch I'm finagling with for the moment. I'm working on a better/more precise one at the moment :)

If only Ellie Monroe was just seeing dead people. Instead, she sees Reapers: massive, vicious creatures that feast on human flesh and blood. As if that wasn't enough, she is also the Preliator, the only one in the world with the power to destroy them.

Before the night of her sixteenth birthday, Ellie was a somewhat normal girl. She only had to worry about boys, parties, shopping sprees at Saks, and surviving high school in an upper-class Detroit suburb. When she is first attacked by a Reaper, the mysterious Will shows up, reveals himself as her immortal Guardian, and reawakens the powers within her. He helps her remember just who and what she is: an ageless soul bound in human form, reborn again and again, to protect the world against the ravenous Reapers. Only this time, it’s been sixty-three years since the Preliator was last alive, and there have been a few changes to the rules.

As Ellie tries to understand her new powers and uncover the secrets she’s determined Will is hiding, a powerful Reaper called Askel has risen and caught Ellie’s scent, and now he has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her—an assassin who has already killed her once. Will and Ellie discover that Askel is searching for something he calls the Messiah, a being believed to be a true Soul Reaper, and it becomes a race against the Reapers to find the Messiah first and destroy it. Now, Ellie will have to take up her swords and fight with only her Guardian to protect and guide her. They must face Askel and prevent the Messiah from awakening and plunging the world into chaos.

GLAZE_by_KyrstinMc

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to! I'm writing a dark urban fantasy as well. It's called GLAZE. I'm only about 10,000 words in though, would you be okay with checking out the first three chapters?

Chiyoko is an angel, an angel with possibly the most depressing job! She has to record the names of people dying, as they are dying. 150 years of that got old, and she needed to see him again. Chiyoko came back down to earth to find him, and someone else to take her place as Death Angel.

She chooses three men to play a game with her, the winner (while they don't know it) gets the job of being a Death Angel. One man is an intelligent detective, one a clumsy yet obedient shop-assistant, and the other a cocky assassin. Every penalty in the game is death, will any of them live through it? Which man will win? Or will they all lose?

*Insert dramatic music here*

Your story sounds wonderful by the by. ;)

If you're at all interested, please pm me. :)

Ciera_

I'd definitely beta this! PM me if you're still looking for more Betas.
I'd love it if you could give my 90k vampire novel (MURDER PET) a look, though it's not so much 'dark' as a little cynical and funny...but I have several betas on the go for this already, so don't worry if you'd rather not. You can just PM me if you'd like me to beta THE PRELIATOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.