Greetings Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruki

I am thrilled to have found this site! I wasn't searching for a writers forum but I came up on an interesting thread in the search engine, clicked on it and I'm here.

My question is, is this a place where works can be submitted for critique? I'm considering putting my work "out there" and would like feedback before I do.

Well let me know -- and I am happy to be here

Ruki

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Post your work in the Share Your Work room, with a note here to interested people to go check it out (best way to get input from people who share your worldview.) I belong to both Christian and secular critique groups (face-to-face type) and you get very different (albeit helpful) input at times!

Good luck, and welcome to AW!

ruki

Thanks for the tip, while looking for the share your work section, I found the newbie section and introduced myself there.

Honestly I came right here after registering and really didn't pay much attention to the other forums.

After reviewing the categories, I've decided to add the article to "Other" although I struggled with the "Horror" category. The article is called "When did we Lose Control?"

So if you get a chance check it out. The article is, quite controversial, even among, or I should say especially among the "church crowd" I've gotten mixed reviews when it ran as local article years ago.

I write what God tells me to write, so sentence structure and punctuation needs considerable help. My goal is that the message is clear and concise.

I"m taking a deep breath and going over there rrrrr-i-g-h-tttt Now!

Thank you

I'll await your responses

Ruki

Little Pencil

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ruki

May I suggest you check your local library to find out about writer's groups in your area?

I have found my writer's group to be just the ticket to encouragement. We do a lot of friendly reads (we don't like the word, "critique"), and offer our edits/viewpoints/suggestions.

Getting together on a regular basis for coffee or a writer's breakfast is a way to really keep our spirits up in the up and down world of writing.

I wish you well and hope you'll find a local group--or perhaps start one!

Best wishes,
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.