PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Everyone!

ruki
05-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I am thrilled to have found this site! I wasn't searching for a writers forum but I came up on an interesting thread in the search engine, clicked on it and I'm here.

My question is, is this a place where works can be submitted for critique? I'm considering putting my work "out there" and would like feedback before I do.

Well let me know -- and I am happy to be here

Ruki

Betty W01
05-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Post your work in the Share Your Work room, with a note here to interested people to go check it out (best way to get input from people who share your worldview.) I belong to both Christian and secular critique groups (face-to-face type) and you get very different (albeit helpful) input at times!

Good luck, and welcome to AW!

zizban
05-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Welcome! And thought I am a Roman Catholic, I take a hands off, secular view of the world and religions so feel free to express your views. We don't bite.

ruki
05-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the tip, while looking for the share your work section, I found the newbie section and introduced myself there.

Honestly I came right here after registering and really didn't pay much attention to the other forums.

After reviewing the categories, I've decided to add the article to "Other" although I struggled with the "Horror" category. The article is called "When did we Lose Control?"

So if you get a chance check it out. The article is, quite controversial, even among, or I should say especially among the "church crowd" I've gotten mixed reviews when it ran as local article years ago.

I write what God tells me to write, so sentence structure and punctuation needs considerable help. My goal is that the message is clear and concise.

I"m taking a deep breath and going over there rrrrr-i-g-h-tttt Now!

Thank you

I'll await your responses

Ruki

kappapi99
05-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Welcome, ruki!

I'll check out your post and try and give you some feedback...I am pretty new myself, so take my comments with a grain of salt :)

KP

Little Pencil
05-21-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi Ruki

May I suggest you check your local library to find out about writer's groups in your area?

I have found my writer's group to be just the ticket to encouragement. We do a lot of friendly reads (we don't like the word, "critique"), and offer our edits/viewpoints/suggestions.

Getting together on a regular basis for coffee or a writer's breakfast is a way to really keep our spirits up in the up and down world of writing.

I wish you well and hope you'll find a local group--or perhaps start one!

Best wishes,
Judy