Have Hope! There is still good in this world!

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
We went Chrissy shopping today at a major shopping mall. I had these silly trousers on with pockets that are notorious for not being able to actually hold anything that is put in them.

Anyrate, we'd finished the shopping and were getting ready to walk back to the car, when I did another check for my wallet (which was in one of these pockets). Not there.

Frantic, we backtracked our steps - nothing. I was freaking out. There wasn't much cash in it, I knew that, but there was a cheque that had just cleared in one of our accounts for a substantial amount. Just the kind of Christmas present any thief would want.

We were about to give up, and head to the bank to hopefully cancel my cards before our finances were cleaned out, when my mobile phone rings.

It was the bank, to say that my wallet had been handed in!

On the way out, the lady who had handed the wallet in approached us (probably instantly recognisable because of the relief on our faces!). "I'm sorry, I had to look in the front of your wallet. When I saw the cards from XYZ bank, I just thought they would have a good chance of getting in contact with you."

She wouldn't accept the money we were only too glad to offer her, just wished us a merry Christmas.

cletus

I'm a king bee
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad my wife isn't the only one who does that. She has a habit of finding lost purses, wallets, credit cards, and turning them in to banks, security, police stations.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Just recently, I got gas and idiotically left my wallet on the back of my car and drove away. When I realized what I'd done, I went back to the gas station but was too late.

I went home and canceled all my cards, and as soon as I did I got a phone call from a woman whose father had picked up my wallet. He'd waited for me at the gas station for about 10 minutes, and when I didn't show up, he called his daughter to track me down - he was Pakistani and didn't speak English very well (he tried to give my wallet to the gas station attendant, but the attendant didn't understand what he was trying to do). Anyway the man's daughter happened to be a PI and found me.

I picked up my wallet, and everything was still in there. I was amazed.

On the other hand, my husband's motorcycle was stolen out of his truck, and his laptop and Ipod were stolen right out of his checked baggage at the airport.

But it is good to know there is still some good out there.

crimsonnyx

Werewolves & Vampyres Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's great....nothing great like that has happened to me so far...
I've lost a handful of quite expensive jewelry when I was younger, some electronics, and a couple of bags of new clothes from shopping...just because I was young and my brain was not fully developed to maintain to not loose these items...

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
I've made a life long habit of returning people's cell phones to them. For some odd reason, I always find the darn things. It's nice to see I'm not alone in making sure people get their lost belongings back and intact. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let's hear for nice people doing the right thing

:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I'm so happy that you got your wallet back. Last week at the grocery store I work at, this old guy hooked up to oxygen and driving his motorized scooter, is waiting out front at 5:45 a.m. He was so upset because he'd left his wallet at the store the night before. It had all his money in it for his prescriptions he needed to get that day. He was almost crying telling me how his wife and him had been up all night worrying that all the money was gone. I went inside and checked in the office and there it was. I was so happy that someone was honest enough to turn it in. I still believe there are plenty of good people out there. The bad ones just get all the attention.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I left my billfold behind on a recent grocery shopping trip. Went absolutely nuts trying to find it at home. I went back over things in my mind and realized I must have left it at the cash register. Raced back over there to ask someone at customer service desk if anyone had turned in a billfold. (Not that hopeful, but desperate enough to hope.)

The store manager (who sees me there frequently) saw me and said, "You forgot your billfold." I went over to her and she said, "A customer found it at the register and gave it to me so I put it in my office."

What a huge relief!

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
good people in AZ

Friday I was at a big craft show with my cousin. This is something we do every Thanksgiving Friday. At mid-day we took a break for something to eat. When we got up from the picnic bench, I forgot my handbag. I am 59 years old, and have never done anything that stupid in my life. I didn't even miss it until about an hour and a half later. Of course it wasn't at the picnic tables. But some nice person had turned it in to the event organizers. It even still had the money in it. Needless to say, I was extremely relieved!

MM

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Last week I had purchased a box of old (I mean, back in the 1950s old) automotive magazines on Ebay. I paid about $5 plus a few bucks shipping. They arrived, i was happy, end of story.

Well, not so much. Apparently the seller forgot to put one of the magazines in the box. Keep in mind there were about 40 of them. I didn't even notice one was missing. Wednesday I got an envelope in the mail with the missing magazine and a note apologizing. Remember, i didn't know it was missing nor did I complain.

It's reassuring to know there are still good people in this world who do the right thing even if it costs them. This person likely spent whatever profit he/she made sending that last magazine to me.