ANyone have a flexible Waterproof keyboard yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Just curious as to how they feel and work:

http://usb.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00355

UKEYB000900_03_L.jpg

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
A few years ago, I got a nasty case of carpal tunnel from work, so I picked up one of those keyboards thinking the softer keys would be beneficial (and you do have to admit it looks kind of cool). It was not the case, though. Everything had a weird sticky resistance. I returned the keyboard the next day and picked up a nice softer type ergonomic keyboard and have been happy since.

But, that WAS nearly three years ago, so the flexible keyboards might have improved since.

:)

-Michelle

Ziljon

Tortilla di Patate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daviddepalo.com
No I haven't, but . . .

I just ordered a Korg Nano. It's a tiny usb powered keyboard. Doesn't it look cool? ( I only ordered the one that's connected to the laptop in the picture, the other two are different controllers) Can't wait to get it!
af36_korg_nano_digital_music_control.jpg

Last edited:

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
i don't, but the keyboard looks like it could be hard to use. like, hmm... how to explain.

still looks cool.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I tried one a few years ago, and as drachin8 says, they might have improved since then: I found that I had to press relatively hard for each key to register that it had been pressed. As I touch type, it slowed me down, tired my arms and was distracting. I kept using it for a couple of weeks, maybe, and then went back to a normal keyboard, which feels feather-sensitive in comparison.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Then it's like I figured, not worth the money for someone who writes, it's really probably more for kids who don't care about functionality so much as the cool factor. Thanks for the replies everyone! :D

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on your touch, the type available and the need. I'm looking forward to the virtual keyboard :}

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I bought one and returned it the next day.

I'm a fast typist and the keyboard slowed me down. I also found the hard "ball" in the centre of each key hurt my fingertips.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Ew! A hard ball?? Definitely not cool. :( Well strike that as a birthday present to myself...LOL! THanks everyone! :D

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I used this one to write NaNo this year.

I'm on my third keyboard on my daily laptop (daily includes the last two NaNos) and I'm writing this year's NaNo on an MSI Wind Machine that is a "test drive". So, I didn't want to wear out the keyboard.

It worked great. I have a heavy hand on the keyboard and the action on the keys felt good.

Only thing I didn't like is that the backspace key is regular sized, instead of the oversized key you get on most laptops. (You can see it in the linked picture.)

I'm with HeronW. I want to try one of the virtual keyboards.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My brother has a virtual keyboard, which he used when his work involved extensive travel and the need to pack light. It seems like he's had it about four or even five years.

Worth noting: I never see him use it when he's got a regular keyboard available, so I assume it has some drawbacks.

Maryn, still using one of them propane keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.