• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta readers in special interest areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChessSafari

Don't Ever Quit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twchesssafari.blogspot.com
Hello,

My memoir is nearing completion and I have included stories relating to the "little worlds" of chess, poker, marathon running and hospital administration.

I am looking for beta readers/feedback team members who have expertise and/or interest in any of these areas. The sizes of the scenes or chapters available for critique vary between 1,800 and 3,500 words. Some of the scenes are intense, some are humorous and some are in-between. Please feel free to state your preference.

I will glady provide honest, respectful constructive critiques for anyone willing to do the same for me and will gift one or more copies of the finished book to all who help. I promise to take your comments to heart and acknowledge those who influence any changes in the final manuscript.

The book is in the query stage, so I am not sure how or where it will be published. Nevetheless, there is no turning back and I wish to make it as well written as possible while maintaining my own unique voice.

For more information about the book, here is the link to the draft pitch letter that I posted in the SYW section of this forum:
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121884

I am in working on an updated query and synopsis and will share those with anyone who expresses interest in being a beta reader for my book.

With sincere thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.