PDA

View Full Version : Get your dates right!

Greenwolf103
11-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I was browsing Netflix early this morning, when I saw a reviewer comment for the movie The Thing. It's one of my favorites and thinking about that movie still sends a shiver down my spine. (I'm a big dog-lover and the scene with the dogs was upsetting, so I tend to just...block that stuff out.) So I read the reviewer comment and this person said, "I expected another Aliens rip-off."

To which I rolled my eyes, shook my head and mumbled, "This movie...predates...Aliens!"

You know, I realize I can't expect everybody to know what movies come first, but I think that's one glaring mistake not a whole lot of people are going to make. I mean, it says the year of the movie right there next to the title. But maybe I'm the only one who's being anal about stuff like that.

And while I'm at it:

People were eating breakfast long before there were cereal companies.

People were celebrating Christmas long before there were greeting card companies. (And as far as the whole "toy manufacturers invented Christmas!" crowd, let us not forget there were people making their own Christmas gifts to give. Ah, if we could only go back to such days. There's nothing quite like a homemade gift!)

And...people were giving each other letters long before we had stamps.

Pass it on.

Darzian
11-20-2008, 07:07 PM
People were eating long before there was food?

:gone:

Pagey's_Girl
11-20-2008, 07:17 PM
People were eating long before there was food?

:gone:

Yeah. It's where Spam comes from.

regdog
11-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah. It's where Spam comes from.

:ROFL:

Shadow_Ferret
11-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Mmm. Spam. *drools*

Spam was SPiced hAM product long before it was an annoying junk email.

Greenwolf103
11-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Mmm. Spam. *drools*

Spam was SPiced hAM product long before it was an annoying junk email.

You mean it's not just junk email...? :Shrug: