Evil Stalks the Castle - Chapter 1

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
The week before Halloween, the miscreant writers in the Royal Thread engaged in an interactive fantasy mystery complete with dragons, were creatures, a fairy, witches...you get the picture...ala an RPG. As Queen that week, I've been asked to post Chapters of our story for AW's reading pleasure (and by no means do we intend to compete with Fajita Sunrise! :D). Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

EVIL STALKS THE CASTLE

CHAPTER ONE

I stumbled into the Writer’s Realm, one eye half opened, and plopped on the couch. I felt the hot cup gently placed in my hand and inhaled the heavenly aroma of fresh, hot coffee. One sip told me it was Kona.

“Ahh, caffeinated nectar of the Gods.”

I took another sip and felt something soft rub up against my leg.

“That better not be you, SF”

The eye opened a millimeter more. I could almost make out my surroundings. I could definitely make out who was in the room with me. Nope, Shadow Ferret was across the hall, sitting beside Vixey. It wasn’t him. Before I had a chance to finish my survey of the room, something larger, but equally as soft, barreled into me.

“What the…?” I exclaimed as I barely managed to save my cup of coffee from sheer disaster.

“Muse! Bad puppy.” I heard Vix yell.

My other eye popped open. A dog, of course. The first thing would have been one of the kittens, either Zeus or CJ looking for protection from the furball. Well at least this dog was cute, unlike the flea bitten tick bag with the glowing eyes. I could deal with him. I could deal with Haggis too, but it was much more fun to watch Heather punt him across the castle.

“So who’s in charge this week?” I asked, now that I looked fully awake.

“That would be Vixey.” Heather answered as she brought in breakfast.

“And you’re the cook again this week?” I asked, waiting for my chance to again be the instrument of pain and torture within these walls.

Not like I wasn’t everywhere else. Queen of Havoc and Mayhem wasn’t just a vanity title for me. I lived by those words. In reality I hadn’t been a queen for a few weeks now. I was just the president of the Bad Cats Club, but queen sounded so much better than president, so I stuck with it.

“And the Royal Dungeon Mistress.”

I grumbled. So much for openly inflicting pain and torture. I would have to find other ways to have a good time for the week.

“Bill is the treasurer; Sir Ferret is in charge of the Royal Guard and Barkeep.” Vix began listing off filled positions.

None of them were anything I wanted. I stopped in mid grumble. Wait a minute. I could openly torture Bill if I was in charge of the shopping. I could spend like a regular woman when I had an incentive. What more of one did I need than to give good ole Bayou Bill a heart attack?

“You have anyone in mind as Royal Outfitter?” I asked as casually as I could.

“Nope. The job’s yours if you want it Kit.”

I resisted the urge to jump up and down as though my favorite team had won the Stanley Cup. I did, however, snatch the credit card as fast as I could.

“I need a complete list of outfits and then I’m off to the mall.” The day was indeed looking better.

“Well you know what Sir Ferret and Heather need. I would like something on the more casual side. We need a handyman. Bill is having problems with his coffee maker. Do you know of anyone?”

I rolled my eyes. That coffee maker of Bill’s was a throw back from the Civil War, quite possibly the Revolutionary War. It needed to be deep sixed, not fixed. As if on cue, Richard walked into the room.

“Seaclusion! Good morning. How would you like to be the Royal Handyman this week?” Vix greeted him.

I almost started salivating. Another one to torture! This was going to be better than I thought.

There was no one I liked to torture more than Richard, well except for Kthrok, but he was the hubs. It was in the contract. I smiled an evil little grin. Richard didn’t notice.

“Sure, I’d be happy to help out.”

“Ok, so we need a bartender’s uniform for SF, A dungeon mistress outfit for Heather, a handyman’s outfit for Richard, something casual for me and get yourself something while your out.” Vixey instructed.

“What about Bill? Oh wait, he’s going to need a defibrillator for when he sees the credit card receipts.” I grinned openly and evilly when I said this.

I downed the rest of my coffee, which was a mistake. It was still piping hot and it burned the entire way down my esophagus until it was a molten ball in the pit of my stomach. I shifted uncomfortably for a minute, then stood.

“Well off I go.”

It was going to be a good day. Finding everything I needed at the mall was going to be a cinch. It took me minutes upon arrival, before I had secured Shadow Ferret’s uniform and had found two outfits for Heather to choose from, depending on her mood and weapons of choice for the day.

Vix was going to be a bit harder. How do you find something fittingly casual for a queen? I shrugged and chose to focus on Richard and Bill’s items. The defibrillator was easy enough to find in the medical supply store and after looking at how much I had already managed to charge up, Bill was definitely going to need it.

I made a stop in a costume store in an attempt to find something suitable for Richard. It wasn’t my fault that the only handyman outfit they had was reminiscent of Mario from the Super Mario Bros. Game. I shrugged and moved on to my final stop, a boutique in an attempt to find something suitable for Queen Vixey.

Half an hour later, I was on my way back to the castle, arms laden with packages, pockets full of receipts for Bill.

I entered the great hall and felt a weird aura surround me. I shrugged it off. It was the Monday before Halloween. Things naturally felt creepier at this time of the year.

Vixey was sitting on the throne, Shadow Ferret sitting to her right. His other titles must just be a cover for his real position, that of Royal Consort. I shrugged it off. Who was I to judge? The others were scattered around the large room.

“Your highness, I have returned with the required outfits.”

I placed everyone’s packages in front of them, waiting for the expected reaction. For Bill, I tossed the receipts on his lap before bringing out the defibrillator.

“I figure you’re gonna need this once you look at those.” I told him with an evil sneer.

“A silver jacket and vest, now that’s better than what I had in mind. Does it have a bow tie? Maybe one that spins?”

Shadow Ferret was happy, that as a good start. Heather was just as pleased with her selection of dungeon wear and the couple of accessories that accompanied the clothes.

“Your Highness, I found a nice Chanel dress for you. I hope it suits your needs.”

“I can wear this for dinner tonight.” She replied as she pulled out the navy blue number.

Richard’s face was priceless when he saw his handyman’s outfit. I resisted the urge to laugh, but couldn’t suppress a giggle when he saw the overalls accompanied by a bright red shirt and matching cap.

“I’m going to look like a Canadian!” was his verbal response.

He was trying to ruffle my fur, but it wasn’t going to work. I had backup hidden carefully behind me.

“It was the only handyman’s outfit any one had!” I said in my own defense.

“Lady Kitrianna, perhaps you could find Richard a manlier outfit?” the queen asked.

I grumbled, but it was only for show. My backup plan was better than what they had seen already. It was really going to ruffle Richard’s feathers.

“I anticipated this problem your highness.”

I set the other bags in front of Richard. Inside was a nice pair of jeans and his choice of rugby shirts. Toronto Maple Leafs or Buffalo Sabres. He would learn his lesson for bugging me about loving hockey so much. This week he would be dressed in my two favorite teams. I chuckled evilly.

Sitting down in my new emerald green two piece dress, I sighed contentedly. This was definitely going to be a good week. It didn’t matter that I hadn’t had to use that defibrillator on Bill yet. I still had six more days to give him a heart attack. I just had to pace myself.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo vixey

:e2woo::e2woo:

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Heather. But I didn't write it. :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Heather. But I didn't write it. :D

okay but since I don't if she who wrote wants public woo hoo's, I'll just woo hoo.
:e2woo::e2woo:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How did I miss this?

So, what happens next?

Writer's Realm Ch 2 was the continuation, but I asked Ol' Fashion Girl to change the thread title to 'Evil Stalks the Castle Ch2' becasue I used the wrong title for my thread.