Status
Not open for further replies.

Wormo

Getting By
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
I was just curious who anybody thought (besides me of course - wink wink chuckle chuckle) who tho most charming british person is/was?... that's it... simple question... perhaps you could share some insight aswell.

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Wormo said:
I was just curious who anybody thought (besides me of course - wink wink chuckle chuckle) who tho most charming british person is/was?... that's it... simple question... perhaps you could share some insight aswell.

Prince William ;)

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
John Cleese. World class entertainer, hell of a management trainer, and always a gentleman.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent question! Can I vote for all of them? No? Creature of David, you seem pretty charming :)

I need to ponder this one, perhaps do some research...

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The Queen Mother. I really liked her...

For actors, I think Anthony Hopkins is quite charming. Julie Andrews is his female counterpart.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wormo said:

Thumbs up for Julie Andrews and Cary Grant, but I've got one winner and a three-way tie for second (it looks great with a dinner jacket, suit, or sport coat):

1st: P.G. Wodehouse

2nd:
Sean Connery
Sir John Gielgud
Michael Caine

Wish I could say Morrissey, but, mwell... singing "This Charming Man" doesn't make one charming, does it?

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
I too think Cary was smooth, ditto David Niven.

I don't think any royal is charming, I think they all have their charm removed surgically at birth, Willam included.

mmm... pancakes

light and fluffy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'm a fan of Hugh Grant.

Acting-wise, that is.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
mmm... pancakes said:
I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'm a fan of Hugh Grant.

Any dislike I may have had for him was washed away by the dance scene in Love Actually...

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
Michael Palin was the first person to jump into my head.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For charming Brits that aren't famous, my sister-in-law and her dad, sister and nephews definitely qualify. Famous? P. G. Wodehouse, Sean Connery, John Cleese, Judy Dench, Paul McCartney all get my vote.

OT: I've been listening to Wodehouse books on tape for several weeks now and have discovered they need to be put under the "no drinking while indulging in" ban that AW boards are under.... I put the tapes on while I cook or do dishes and my family constantly walks through the kitchen and stops to ask me what I'm laughing about. (Dave Barry, although not British, is also funny on tape...)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
Any dislike I may have had for him was washed away by the dance scene in Love Actually...

Stop being so clued in, dammit!:flag:

Kida Adelyne

Me got zero cookies!
Registered
Reaction score
Nivvie said:
I don't think any royal is charming, I think they all have their charm removed surgically at birth, Willam included.
:roll:It's funny 'cus it's true!:roll:

Ummmmm... hard question. I saw this really charming british comedian on Just For Laughs once, but I can't remeber his name.

However the answer that I can come up with is Orlando Bloom. However, as a teen girl LOTR's fan, I am exceptionally biased in this opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.