Car 54 Where Are You ???????

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Things seem to be going slow, real slow, down here in this western forum and up in western SYW. Where all you all? How about giving us all a little update on how you're doing and what you're doing.

As you can tell - Puma is alive and kicking and picking (as always). Next ...

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in research mode. A number of books from interlibrary loan, and written requests out to various museums and historical societies.

MM

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Line editing The Night Beat, having finally finished the synopsis. Writing Fall's Girl. Keeping blogs and website updated. Driving LostGirl crazy with demands. Keeping MaryMumsy's few open minutes busy with research help. Editing a variety of things, some Raphael's Village related, some beta/crit group related. And other stuff, too.

Oh, and then there's that pesky work and family stuff going on, too. :D

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
Still around. Just working on a variety of projects and of course the wonderful work thing. I should be writing more, but it's just not happening. Guess I've got a bit of the writer's funk going on.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I'm here even though I don't post on here that much lol.
I get into my western kick from time to time where I can't get enough of them. I bought 3 westerns on Friday.
It does seem quiet in here these days. Where is everyone?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Writin' some fantasy adventure and detective thriller for NaNo this month, plus wasting time on a couple of webcomics just for fun.

Every time I start a Western story it veers off into horror or fantasy territory, terrible habit, just terrible.

-Derek

ComicBent

Registered
Reaction score
Children's play, half done (but I hope not half-baked). Day job has been busy recently. Will get back to the play this week.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in research mode. A number of books from interlibrary loan, and written requests out to various museums and historical societies.

MM

Me, too. A big problem that reading is so much easier than writing. :D

I'm here! I'm here!

I really need to be MORE here since I'm working on one set in Kansas in the 1870s, eh? Office Party takes up way too much of my AW time.

How y'all doin'?

Yes, you do. Absolutely.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Since I started this thread, I've started on a more traditional western, set in app 1885 in Montana. I'm at about 20K now and maybe 1/4 of the way through. I'm having fun. Puma

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:cry:

It's tax season, I ain't doin' nothin' research or otherwise except plugging numbers into the computer.

MM

franniescan

Exploring the Last Frontier
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new, but I thought I'd post here since I've contributed where I can with the western and historical SYW forums.

I'm in and out of contact with the modern world as we know it for the next few weeks. I've been busy working which takes me away from the computer for long periods of time and I'm also getting ready to head to Alaska for my summer job.

As for the writing...well, I'm still writing when I can. Whether it's on the computer or a note pad. I'm still editing one finished draft of a rough western themed novel and am also working on a the first edition of a western series as well as a sequel to the finished novel.

So a lot of projects...but little time!

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to through my ten cents worth in so...I'm around quite frequently. For now anyway.

Hey fran, where abouts in Alaska are you headin' for there?

Dan

franniescan

Exploring the Last Frontier
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there Dan,

I'm headed to Seward, AK. I'll be working as a sea kayak guide for the summer.

I just got back to town today and saw your post in Western in SYW. I'll give it a read and give a few comments if I find anything!