"I love what I just wrote!" thread

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
This just came out of me. Two men are bickering and a third one (my male MC) makes an observation via mind reading.
"I didn't know you two were cousins."
Deven and Will glared at Reed with furrowed brows.
"Oh, sorry. Continue your rant."

Reaction score
In a chapter full of snappy comebacks and drunken remarks:

"You couldn’t stay out of trouble even if you locked yourself in the house and didn’t come out for a month."

Not my favouritest line out of the whole manuscript so far, but it perfectly illustrates the relationship between the two people involved in chapter nine.

GLAZE_by_KyrstinMc

Registered
Reaction score
"A loud ringing sound stung the men's ears. Boss sashayed out of the room to answer the phone."

x) Last thing I wrote anyway.

Redaelf

VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hakusa-tegami.livejournal.com
I'm pretty happy with this story's general feel (and I'm into the second of two, so this is unexpected charitable feelings, though I was happy with it before November, too) and sorry for the length but this is my favorite bit so far:

Master Mandrake had been causing the quill pens to be structurally correct for writing, separating blockages or melding fractures. The dishes he had reinforced as well, restoring any flaws to strength.
“This is mundane work. Manipulating completely 'quiet' objects is dull, uphill work—they've been cut off from the original life engendering them. It's what housewives will pay for, though. Less tricky and prone to failure, as well. A very few magicians make livings as bone-setters or pet-healers, but more than that is so risky unless you have a physician's knowledge of the body, its inward structure and the symptoms of disease. If a magician does go into medicine, usually they prefer to use regular methods unless forced to do otherwise. People blame you less.”
“But you could heal someone?”
“In theory, yes. Do you know what 'in theory' means?”
“Not really very likely?” Sheridan guessed.

And then there is a plot-line sucker punch which just makes it all that much more beautiful. ^_^
Keep it up, chums!

(Being crazy enough to do this does make us chums, doesn't it? I mean, chums is the exact best insane word, too...)

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'm rather fond of my last line tonight.
Let the chattering ghost rest its mouth until it was wanted.

Note, it's not a ghost; it's a disembodied alien, pestering my MC through a sliver of rock picked up from an alien machine. Apparently it's finally irritated him enough to actually talk like himself for a change. :)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so danged proud of myself for this, I have to share it:
"I can't believe television lies to me so much. All these grand, fabulous lives we're supposed to live as gay men and what the hell are we doing?"

"Moaning about the mundane existence we call our lives."

"Wouldn't have it any other way," Brian said with a content sigh.

"Me, neither," Callum said, also sighing.

They looked at each other then Brian started laughing with a snort, Callum soon joining him. "Too bad we're so boring. I bet nobody would want to write a book about our lives."

"Can't imagine anybody who would want to read it, either."
Two people said they hope I get this year's NaNo novel published just so they could say they have a book with the highlighted lines in it.

And I got all sniffly and cried a little when I jumped ahead in the story and wrote the proposal scene that's going near the end.

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Deep in thought, she didn’t realise that there was a small commotion going on as everyone else in the office had stopped working and were staring at a delivery boy standing uncertainly in the doorway. He was almost dwarfed by the biggest bouquet of flowers that Liz had seen in her life. Ooo, she thought gazing at the flowers wistfully, it must be someone’s birthday… Suddenly the commotion resolved itself and fingers were pointing towards her. She turned to see if either of the two older women sat behind her were looking bashful but they were applauding reluctantly, looking at her stonily. Liz’s heart skipped a beat. The boy was walking towards her. Could it be that Nick had regretted his earlier coolness, and this was to cheer her up? She took the bouquet graciously and as everyone watched, she opened the tiny envelope and pulled out the card. Her smile froze. The message was from Richard, apologising for being moody earlier.
‘Must be from the husband’ one of the older women remarked.
‘Yes,’’ replied her colleague, ‘the question is, whose?’

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so danged proud of myself for this, I have to share it:

Two people said they hope I get this year's NaNo novel published just so they could say they have a book with the highlighted lines in it.

I love it when novels and movies have those little smart-ass lines in them. :)

My favourite is from I'm Not There: Cate Blanchett (who plays an incarnation of Bob Dylan) is in a room full of men, and says, "Am I the only one with balls in here?"

And my son and I seemed to be the only ones who 'got' that line...

*shrug*