PDA

View Full Version : Writing in Future Tense

ZeroFlowne
11-17-2008, 08:59 PM
If, for some reason, you had to write something interesting in Future Tense, what would you do? The only angle I can think of for a FT story is an Oracle of some sort detailing a prophecy.

scarletpeaches
11-17-2008, 09:01 PM
If I had to?

I'd do it.

But mind you, there's a lot of precious souls round here who hate even present tense, so god knows what they'd make of future.

Mr. Chuckletrousers
11-17-2008, 09:04 PM
If, for some reason, you had to write something interesting in Future Tense, what would you do? The only angle I can think of for a FT story is an Oracle of some sort detailing a prophecy.
I will never, ever write in....huh.

kuwisdelu
11-17-2008, 09:13 PM
For a POV, I'd say go for second person singular or first person plural.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Go for ethereal. Go for the narrator speaking to someone of the future, or to someone far, far away.

Someday, you'll wake up and see my face over yours. You'll be frightened at first, since it'll be dark that night, and the moon won't quite have risen past the gnarled tree limbs that hover outside your window. But then, as the dim light crosses my face, and your eyes focus through the sleep, you'll be able to make out who I am. You'll recognize me. You'll look into my eyes for the first time since that day they took me away. Your face will light up like fireworks, and we'll kiss. I'll tell you my news. I'll tell you how I came here. I'll tell you we have to hurry.

...etc.

Fuck, you gave me an idea for a story, now. I hope this helps.

Nakhlasmoke
11-17-2008, 09:17 PM
hahaha Kuwisdelu.. I love you.

ROFLMAO

Soccer Mom
11-17-2008, 09:59 PM

Go for ethereal. Go for the narrator speaking to someone of the future, or to someone far, far away.

:hooray:

Shadow_Ferret
11-18-2008, 06:16 AM
What that heck would future tense be? :Wha:

Red-Green
11-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Thank you, kuwis. If it hadn't given you a story idea, it probably would've given me one. Bullet dodged. :D

Soccer Mom
11-18-2008, 07:42 AM
What that heck would future tense be? :Wha:

Read post # 4.

MrWrite
11-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Sounds like something I'd read!