PDA

View Full Version : Nastiness isn't the way to make a point

The Lonely One
11-17-2008, 05:00 AM
So I'm pretty laid back (sorry to post this if it's the wrong place -- the trash talk board wouldn't let me post).

However, I do, on occasion, get pissed. Perhaps I also do the pissing (off) sometimes.

But I never act nasty on threads. Heated about a subject, maybe, but never to a person. Recently I've had an experience with one user in particular. I won't post his/her name.

In a general sense, I've had multiple replies from this user to things I've said that are nasty, disrespectful, passive-aggressive or patronizing. Okay, you disagree, fine. You start getting personal, that's just ridiculous.

I'm not a Neanderthal and I don't know of anyone's literary opinion I would bow down to as a petty serf, and that includes published authors, agents, editors, and nobel prize recipients. Just because you may or may not have a few published works and hoitey toitey literary prizes doesn't mean you get to be a jackass.

All anyone on this site is to me is a person, screw the credentials and let's get down to basics. I'll take the advice of those who don't cram it down my face, because human beings I respect are those who treat me as an equal.

So, on this board and others, I feel nastiness is NOT the way to make a point.

At least, it will never land its spot with me.

DISCLAIMER: this is basically the only instance of negativity I've had on this board. Otherwise, everyone is very kind and generous, especially those such as dptasero (or however you spell it...sorry...) scarletpeaches, neurofizz and a few others that have helped me greatly with my questions.

So, thanks to all of you.

scarletpeaches
11-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Oh god. You called me helpful. My reputation as a bitch is ruined.

Ruined, I tells ya!

*kicks a puppy to get her mojo back*

willfulone
11-17-2008, 05:23 AM
I won't post his/her name.

In a general sense, I've had multiple replies from this user to things I've said that are nasty, disrespectful, passive-aggressive or patronizing.

You DO know that you do not have to post a name when you give out this much info? For anyone can pull up your profile, check your posts and see who is bugging you.

Not that it matters to me. But, it is likely that the one who you single out here? Well, this will not endear their good graces to come about any quicker.

Perhaps your issues could have been handled in PMs to rectify the situation? Or you could put them on iggy and not even see what they reply - thus no bother to you at all.

Good Luck!

I hope you two work it out.

Christine

poetinahat
11-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Oh god. You called me helpful. My reputation as a bitch is ruined.

Ruined, I tells ya!

*kicks a puppy to get her mojo back*
If it's any comfort, darling, you needn't have worried. . . .

JoNightshade
11-17-2008, 05:36 AM
:popcorn:

...Incidentally, your ignore list is there for a reason. I suggest using it.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Mmmhmmm. Yeah. Closing this.

This isn't the way to handle a problem with another member. Take it to PM, please.