Amazon reviews have disappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It could be a temporary glitch, or someone could have a mean streak and clicked the "report post" option on all of the reviews.

They might automatically came back in a day or two; if not, then if I were you I'd contact Amazon.

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Take a deep breath. They'll be back. It happened to me too. Unfortunately they put the not hot reviews back too!
C

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Amazon is evil anyway. They disabled the buy buttons on every book published by a POD company (such as Lulu.com) except their own.

I don't think I'll buy there anymore unless I have to.

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
I noticed that a magazine I wrote for is no longer listed at Amazon, therefore the review that went with it is gone as well. This might be a different situation all together...

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Umm, I just checked mass market books as well as a few I know to be POD. One is Senator Dick Lugar's Letters To The President which is out through Author House. The "One Click" button is no longer there but the Add To My Shopping Cart button still works soooo I conclude POD books are still on offer.
C

Amazon is evil anyway. They disabled the buy buttons on every book published by a POD company (such as Lulu.com) except their own.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Umm, I just checked mass market books as well as a few I know to be POD. One is Senator Dick Lugar's Letters To The President which is out through Author House. The "One Click" button is no longer there but the Add To My Shopping Cart button still works soooo I conclude POD books are still on offer.
C

Citymouse, I think the main company attacked by this has been Lulu.com and perhaps some others - maybe Senator Dick's book is an exception.

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Um, it is their site. Should they link to Barnes and Noble as well? Target.com?

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
This isn't about linking to another retail store, it's about linking to another publisher. Would it be fine if Amazon brought out their own publisher, and so stopped selling books from all the other publishers?

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
This isn't about linking to another retail store, it's about linking to another publisher. Would it be fine if Amazon brought out their own publisher, and so stopped selling books from all the other publishers?
Don't say that too loudly. They might hear you!

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Um, yes.
They represent what they want to on their site.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Well considering they have a monopoly on online bookshops, it's pretty rotten to kill off the competition by only selling their products. It's terrible for the consumer because they don't get the range they used to.

So technically they can 'do what they want' but that doesn't mean it's not rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.