CDN$150: anthology seeks YA short story subs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie

Hi, all.

Found this in my travels:

Ronsdale Press (BC) is seeking submissions of strong Y.A. short stories (not chapters from novels) for inclusion in an anthology edited by Ann Walsh. The theme is grief, loss, recovery. Stories can be any length (3500 words max.). Previously published accepted, but authors are responsible for securing reprint permission.

Payment: $150 and three copies of the book. All rights remain with the author. Space for detailed bio/biblio information will be allocated for each contributor.

Send submissions to Ann Walsh, 411 Winger Road, Williams Lake, B.C., V2G 3S6. No e-mailed submissions. Include either an e-mail address or letter sized SASE for response. Although manuscripts will not be returned, all submissions will be acknowledged.

Deadline: November 1, 2004. (via Saskatchewan Writers Guild)

Websites:
www.ronsdalepress.com
www.skwriter.com

wwwatcher

Anthologies

Thank for this open anthology Stephanie.

How is the anthology packet working that you got from the online workshop? (I asked her to email it to me but unfortunately I'm presently on an old, old computer without enough memory to use Microsoft word. I've saved it onto a disk for when I get word running again.)

This is something I'm researching now as well. Uncle Jim mentioned googling on his thread for open anthologies but I haven't found any kid's ones this way. He also mentioned checking bookstores to see which editors did anthologies and writing them to ask if they have any open ones. I've been looking on Amazon. com and have found some general treasuries and anthologies and some fantasy ones so far.

Thought this might be of interest to anyone else interested in the anthology market.

Take Care,
Faye

Stephanie

Re: Anthologies

Hi Faye,

Must be our other Steph you were thinking about - Stephenie Hovland - who got the anthology packet.

What exactly is an anthology packet?

wwwatcher

Re: Anthologies

She mentioned an online Anthology workshop in this thread and if you went to the website you could request an anthology packet from the author that did the workshop. You emailed your request and she sent an anthology packet. It sounded like it would contain a listing of some anthology markets.

I'm sorry... it's not on this thread and I haven't been able to locate it. I have been running into a lot of information on anthologies lately and starting a new job which is draining me. It would make sense it might be on the short fiction thread but I can't see it there either. It's probably all adult anthologies anyhow.

If I had the website of the workshop I'd give it to you but my harddrive crashed and I lost it. I am really having an interesting "time of it" right now.

Shrugging my shoulders and laughing is about all I can manage right now. (and I can't even use the smiley... darn!)

Take Care,
Faye

Status
Not open for further replies.