Life Imitating NaNo?

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Something spooky is going on. It happened in my last WIP, too. Without giving you a spoiler, my NaNo novel involves someone dying after falling overboard from a yacht in the Thames Estuary area. During a bit of research - I used to cruise single handed myself in that area but have forgotten some of the navigation - I came across a recent news item. Guess what - the body of a man has been found after he fell overboard in the same stretch of water...:eek:
Has anyone else come across a coincidence between their NaNo and real life?

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Um yeah, and I really wish it wasn't so

I had the idea for these characters aaages ago. Thought it was a bit far-fetched, especially the woman's secret past bit.

Six months ago I read an article. A woman had had exactly the same experience as one of my characters ( the one I thought was sooo far fetched) and was reacting to it almost identically ( ok with slightly less swords lol)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
My only coincidence is that at work they just gave me a 2-week project to have done by Dec 1.

Which would be awesome... if I weren't on vacation the last week of november.

Go-go-Gadget Super-nano-writing-skills-at-work Powers!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I certainly hope not, or I'll never finish NaNo, because I'm slated to die by trumpet blast at Friday's dress rehearsal if that's the case. :Wha: