Not open for further replies.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
(Mods, please feel free to move this if it would be more appropriate for a different forum)

I am getting ready to start querying for a couple of fiction novels. I will be querying U.S. agents and publishers, but I am living in Okinawa, Japan.

Will agents/editors balk at this for any reason? (i.e., how long it takes to send hard copies of manuscripts, etc) Obviously I'll be including appropriate postage, but it can certainly take forever and a day for things to be sent back and forth.

Should I say anything about it in my query? Suggest e-mail as a faster means of communication?

Thanks in advance. I'm just trying to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot over something silly.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Well if you first go for ones that take e-mail queries should be a doddle.

I queried a few guys in the US - I asked them first if they took overseas subs ( all said no problem) and everything was done by e-mail. My full requests were also sent by e-mail.

In fact the only thing sent hard copy was the contract.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
This has been discussed a few times already, so you might want to do a search.

Summary: Agents/publishers don't care. They want what they can sell, and if that comes from an author in Chennai, they'll buy it. But querying through email first is a good idea if only for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.