Baked Jacket Potatos

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Do any of you all enjoy Baked Jacket potatos filled with the ingredients of your choice? Do you have a favourite? Interestingly enough I ate two within a week, and what I love about them is the taste of the potato cooked for most part. I love fillings too, depending on how I feel and what I want. The other day I just had a jacket potato with salad, whereas in mid week I had one with herbs, pines, sultanas and coronation chicken, and man that was truly delicious. Had a side salad and homemade coleslaw with it.. That made my taste buds water. Yummy. Do you enjoy baked jacket potatos? Which ones do you have most frequent? Or are you a random eater like me?

Cheesy_spud_125x125.jpg

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I love jacket potatoes, they're one of my favourite meals. I like them with just grated Cheddar and some butter, but also with a mixture of tuna, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard and black pepper. I like everything about baked spuds - the tasty, chewy crunchy outside, the soft, delicious inside. Yum yum yum.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
A plain baked potato is a great vehicle for those leftover odds and ends that we tend to accumulate; chile and chicken curry come to mind (not at the same time). :)

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my challenge with the baked potato: I live alone and it seems wasteful to turn on the oven for one potato so I don't have them often.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my challenge with the baked potato: I live alone and it seems wasteful to turn on the oven for one potato so I don't have them often.

Why not? Russet baking potatoes are available in bulk at every supermarket I've ever been in. Buy one, or two, at a time. They keep well, if you store them in a dark, cool place (but don't refrigerate).

Scallions, or fresh chives, are a must. Fresh cilantro or oregano, chopped, works well, too. If you like some spice, finely chopped jalapenos are excellent. Or, conversely, if you like a less spicy but tasty concoction, finely chopped mushrooms (criminis are excellent, widely available and not expensive). Finely chopped celery is also good. Spinach or kale likewise. Experiment, go crazy . . .

Well, I'd avoid the bubble gum, but . . .

caw

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
If you have a microwave, it's one of the easiest things in the world to cook.

I don't have a microwave, so I don't have 'em too often either.
But whenever I do, I lurve it :D

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Do you eat the peel? :)

I scrub mine with a brush, pat it dry, and rub it with olive oil. Then I sprinkle it with course Kosher salt and bake as usual. Delicious.

Yup. :) It would be a good waste of a potato otherwise. It's too delicious to let it go to waste. Do you eat the peel?