PDA

View Full Version : Baked Jacket Potatos

truelyana
11-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Do any of you all enjoy Baked Jacket potatos filled with the ingredients of your choice? Do you have a favourite? Interestingly enough I ate two within a week, and what I love about them is the taste of the potato cooked for most part. I love fillings too, depending on how I feel and what I want. The other day I just had a jacket potato with salad, whereas in mid week I had one with herbs, pines, sultanas and coronation chicken, and man that was truly delicious. Had a side salad and homemade coleslaw with it.. That made my taste buds water. Yummy. Do you enjoy baked jacket potatos? Which ones do you have most frequent? Or are you a random eater like me?

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/4D6970EF-745A-4D33-83B4-A722060A33F5/0/Cheesy_spud_125x125.jpg

Sophia
11-15-2008, 02:13 AM
I love jacket potatoes, they're one of my favourite meals. I like them with just grated Cheddar and some butter, but also with a mixture of tuna, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard and black pepper. I like everything about baked spuds - the tasty, chewy crunchy outside, the soft, delicious inside. Yum yum yum.

truelyana
11-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Mmmmmm good choices. :)

joyce
11-15-2008, 02:30 AM
I'm not very creative with them. I generally put cheddar, bacon and onions in them. They're good though. I had some last night. :)

truelyana
11-15-2008, 02:46 AM
I'm not very creative with them. I generally put cheddar, bacon and onions in them. They're good though. I had some last night. :)

Nonetheless, that mix is still truly delicious. :)

CatSlave
11-15-2008, 03:00 AM
A plain baked potato is a great vehicle for those leftover odds and ends that we tend to accumulate; chile and chicken curry come to mind (not at the same time). :)

escritora
11-15-2008, 03:19 AM
Here's my challenge with the baked potato: I live alone and it seems wasteful to turn on the oven for one potato so I don't have them often.

blacbird
11-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Here's my challenge with the baked potato: I live alone and it seems wasteful to turn on the oven for one potato so I don't have them often.

Why not? Russet baking potatoes are available in bulk at every supermarket I've ever been in. Buy one, or two, at a time. They keep well, if you store them in a dark, cool place (but don't refrigerate).

Scallions, or fresh chives, are a must. Fresh cilantro or oregano, chopped, works well, too. If you like some spice, finely chopped jalapenos are excellent. Or, conversely, if you like a less spicy but tasty concoction, finely chopped mushrooms (criminis are excellent, widely available and not expensive). Finely chopped celery is also good. Spinach or kale likewise. Experiment, go crazy . . .

Well, I'd avoid the bubble gum, but . . .

caw

Bmwhtly
11-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Here's my challenge with the baked potato: I live alone and it seems wasteful to turn on the oven for one potato so I don't have them often.If you have a microwave, it's one of the easiest things in the world to cook.

I don't have a microwave, so I don't have 'em too often either.
But whenever I do, I lurve it :D

L M Ashton
11-19-2008, 04:33 PM
When I lived alone, I had a toaster oven for just such purposes. I prefer potatoes done in the toaster oven to the microwave, personally. :)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Do you eat the peel? :)

I scrub mine with a brush, pat it dry, and rub it with olive oil. Then I sprinkle it with course Kosher salt and bake as usual. Delicious.

cooeedownunder
11-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Bolognese sauce and cheese on top

truelyana
11-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Do you eat the peel? :)

I scrub mine with a brush, pat it dry, and rub it with olive oil. Then I sprinkle it with course Kosher salt and bake as usual. Delicious.

Yup. :) It would be a good waste of a potato otherwise. It's too delicious to let it go to waste. Do you eat the peel?