Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
I am so bummed this morning! I just discovered than an editor I've been working with, who has been giving me regular assignments, is now gone. I found out when I sent a question about my latest invoice. There won't be a problem getting paid, but they have another article that I put a lot of work into and now it might never see the light of day. Same thing happened to me last year at "Dog Fancy." They paid in full for the piece, but now it's in indefinite limbo.

I know it's a hazard of the business, but the writing business is really so fragile when you think about it. You think you've built up a solid relationship, you're getting assignments, then poof! You're back to square one.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
Try to find out if the editor went to another magazine and follow him/her there. Plus, introduce yourself to the new editor as a regular contributor and mention what you have written for the magazine. Tell the new editor your interests and ask if he/she would consider you for assignments. Sometimes you can move with an editor plus keep on writing for the new one. Sometimes you can't, but it is always worth a try.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
I don't think a new editor has been appointed yet as I'm dealing with an administrator at the moment. I did ask her about my article that was being held for the next issue (they pay on publication so I haven't got any $$ for it yet) and she said she would let me know later. I get the impression they're in flux, but I'm hoping to make inroads with the new editor when (s)he is appointed. The piece they're holding couldn't easily be marketed elsewhere because it's a profile of a specific barn that was assigned to me.

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, hope it gets sorted out soon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.