Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Cats seem to be the pets most closely associated with writers, so I'm curious to see whether or not that holds true here. Myself, I have three cats (well, two and a half because one is mentally not all there), two horses and a quaker parrot. There used to be a couple of fish, but only because I somehow inherited them so when they died they weren't replaced. I'd have a dog if they weren't so much work, but we travel a lot so it's just not practical. The cats are definite muses...the two sane ones hang out with me all day while I work on my laptop. What kind of critter muse do you all have if any?

Reaction score
I had a hamster but he's dead now.

signed,

scarletpeaches, your friendly neighbourhood ray of sunshine.

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
My husband would actually consider that a ray of sunshine as he can't stand any rodent-like critters. He's an easy-going guy, but he draws the line at household reptiles and rodents.

Reaction score
Show him this photo and make him tell you that's not cute:
Gort6.jpg

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I have a husband. Does that count? He likes to have his head rubbed and interrupts me while I'm working. =)

(Truthfully, I'd love to have cats again sometime. Maybe in the new house.)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a jumping spider who lives in my garden hose trolley. Someday, if I'm good, I'll have a king cobra who can coil around my shoulders as I type.

Or an English Bulldog and a Keeshond and a bunch of cats in their very own cathouse with electricity, heat and hot-and-cold water.

But for now, just the jumping spider. Oh, and a pair of skunks and several possums and raccoons and all the neighborhood cats who drop in to visit on a regular basis. And the sparrows who winter in the yew bushes by the porch. And a pair of mockingbirds. And the squirrel family in my red maple. Wow, I do have a lot of animal muses, after all. ;)

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Two budgies. I didn't ask for them.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I like cats - but ours died in Aug 07 and she was the Devil's Spawn, so my husband flat out refuses to allow another one in the house.

We had to re-home our dog last year as well, but are (hopefully) getting another one soon. I'm more a dog person, really.

So, for now we have gerbils. We had two - brothers. Only turned out they really weren't brothers.

Now we have 5. But they are small and relatively stink-free, and cute, and they chirp when they are happy, so the only real noise they make is the chirping sound.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the house, there are 3 cats (1 of whom claims me when it's not food time) and 2 dogs (1 is mine).

I haven't usually had pets in my life, but it's not too bad. Still undecided if it's going to continue when these two go. The housemate WILL continue to have pets, so in a way, it doesn't matter much if they're not mine or they are. They will be there.

myscribe

Who's the ninja now?!?
Registered
Reaction score
Corner of my mind (in a nice padded room)
My muse is the magnificent PrincePup, who I rescued as a mere wiener.

shadowh.jpg

And an aquarium full of fish (including a stunning angelfish pair, and an assorted range of cory "catfish" that constantly lay eggs and have babies).

I do feed the neighbor's cat though. She's a runt and way too skinny for her own good.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am too allergic to kitties but otherwise i would really need one. Although I am not allergic to this kitty in particular and one day I hope to have a critter as wonderful as her for my muse.

PS seriously click the link, you will not regret it. Ripley is a wondrous creature to behold.

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
I have five Welsh Pembroke corgis and four borzoi. Yes, I live in a kennel.
Oh, I forgot to mention three indoor cats and one outdoor moocher.
C

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Harry S, since I'm from MO. But I live in NYC so everyone says "Oh, like Capote! How cute!"
One of our cats was found as a stray in a suburb called Burbank, so we were going to call him Truman. We ended up naming him Stitch because his shelter cage had a sign that said he wasn't adoptable (medical problem...all resolved now). When we got the quaker, my not-too-creative husband said, "So are you going to name him Truman?" I was planning on a literary name (my cockatiel was Bradley, a corruption of Bradbury as in Ray) but I'm lazy so I said, "Truman it is!"

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ack! Now I'm gonna have nightmares of that cat jumping on my head tonight!!

No! She's so nice! She would never! She would stand next to you glaring and purring like a maniac until you rub her head.

I used to keep little mice. Now I have two hairless cats and a man. (Still regretting I didn't get a hairless one of those.) Here's my gargoyle.

AW! :LilLove:

tehuti88

Mackinac Island Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inkspot.com
I have a cat, but mainly because they're easy to care for, easy to cuddle, and they purr. (He does not affect my writing ability in the least, whether for good or bad.) Dogs, and most other pets, would be too high maintenance for us.

I used to usually have some sort of rodent in the past, mostly hamsters, once a gerbil and once a rat, but I don't feel I could devote enough attention to them now, so it's just a cat at the moment.

Oh. And I would never be able to tolerate having more than one! I don't see how anybody handles that. But I'm the same way with people, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.