PDA

View Full Version : Soy Ginger Broth

reenkam
11-14-2008, 07:11 PM
So I was at Trader Joe's and, on a whim, bought their soy ginger broth. I've had it for a while now..but I've yet to use it because I have no idea what to do with it. I'm not even sure what it tastes like.

Has anyone had/used it before? Any recipes I could try?

jennontheisland
11-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Hm. I've never tried it, but from the flavour combination, I'd definitely use it in asian cooking.

Try putting wontons in it. (wontons: 1 chicken breast, about an inch of ginger, a clove of garlic, lots of black pepper, sesame oil->whiz in the food processor, use about a teaspoon per wrapper. makes ~30)

Or using it for a Pho-like soup. Noodles, thinly sliced beef (or tofu), beansprouts, fresh mint and basil.

Or thicken it with cornstarch and use it as a stirfry sauce.

truelyana
11-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Wow that sounds different. That must taste delicious whatever it is mixed with. :D What is a broth?

reenkam
11-17-2008, 04:18 AM
Thanks, Jenn. The wontons sound like they'd be pretty good, so I'll definitely try that out!

@ truelyana, this is the definition Wikipedia has for broth:

Broth is a liquid in which bones, meat, fish, cereal grains, or vegetables have been simmered and strained out. Broth is used as a basis for other edible liquids such as soup, gravy, or sauce. It can be eaten alone or with garnish.