William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i just wanted to wish you the best of luck tonight and tell you how proud i am to be associated with you all in this contest.

only 10 people (and, alas, fewer with each passing week) truly know the experience of what goes into crafting a story each week within the restraints of time and topic.

just remember that criticism is a spectator sport, and the wisdom of critics can only flow from the blood and sweat shed by the writer.

writing a story is hard enough. but writing one in a week that's fit to see the light of day (and the eyes of other writers, even!) is, well... i know what it is for me.

and it ain't pretty.

anyway, just wanted to share some thoughts and my best wishes.

-william

Last edited:

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself, William. I am also very proud to be a part of this contest. I wish you all the best in the remaining weeks and in your writing careers. You all deserve a big pat on the back! :hooray:

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, William. It has been an amazing and challenging experience, and I look forward to reading more of every finalist's writing, whether here or elsewhere. I thought this week's entries were particularly well-written and that it was the strongest overall round we've had so far.

Cheers to everyone, both in the American sense (congratulations) and the Canadian sense (thank you).

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow...William, I'm impressed. I was sure this would be a "this week's results" thread! I'll no longer kill you off in stories, promise!