Caylee searchers find bags with toys, remains

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Here at AW we have the very latest news:

"Caylee Anthony Searchers Say They Found Bags With Remains, Toys in River"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,451504,00.html
This has been a long story, looks like it's finally coming to an end (it's all over but the trial).

ETA: Woops, the headline for that article just changed:

"Florida Sheriff Says Bags Found in River in Search for Missing Toddler Don't Contain Human Remains"

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

::ETA::

I don't understand. Why is it that a bag gets found in the river, and the bag is full of toys and human fingers, and yet they do NOT consider it a crime scene?

Last edited:

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, uh, I guess we already knew that...

You gotta LOVE this quote from your OP news item, Ben:

On Wednesday, a man hired to be the spokesman for Caylee's family said he quit the job because of their "erratic behavior."

Larry Garrison was retained in August to speak to the media on behalf of the Anthonys. He resigned Wednesday.

"Due to the erratic behavior over the last several months exhibited by the Anthony family, Larry Garrison is resigning as their spokesperson," he said in a prepared statement.

"It is my opinion that others have manipulated them into situations that would not dignify the family. I can no longer be part of that behavior."

Anthony family lawyer Mark Nejame laughed at the statement and said it was released minutes after Garrison learned he'd been fired, MyFOXOrlando.com reported.

Nejame said Garrison was canned for pocketing money he demanded for interviews with Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Every time I see coverage about this child's disappearance, I can't help mourning the other children just as absent with no news coverage, children who were not as photogenic, children who were black or brown or yellow, children who were poor, children nobody wanted much in the first place.

Caylee is a tiny piece of the tragedy of our missing kids. I'd love to see every child gone missing receiving this level of attention.

Maryn, disgusted with TV news

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
According to the story as reported by MSN:

Inside the bag, weighted down by bricks, were two toys and bones the size of fingers and toes,

Not exactly the same as "human fingers". But I'd bet the forensics people will be looking hard at these. Still, the sheriff's office says the find "has no evidentiary value" in the Caylee case, and I can't see why they would say that if it wasn't true.

Note also that the bag was found by a private bounty hunter, not a law enforcement officer. Which may mean any potential "evidentiary value" has been compromised. The details of the manner of its discovery haven't been disclosed in any story I've seen.

caw

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
I'm no psychologist. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Casey Anthony is a sociopath. The woman just seems.......cold, from every piece of footage I've seen of her. Plus, after the stories of how unconcerned she seems to be with her daughter and her actions after the searches began, I'd wager this is one sick individual.

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score
Every time I see coverage about this child's disappearance, I can't help mourning the other children just as absent with no news coverage, children who were not as photogenic, children who were black or brown or yellow, children who were poor, children nobody wanted much in the first place.

Caylee is a tiny piece of the tragedy of our missing kids. I'd love to see every child gone missing receiving this level of attention.

QFT.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score

Agreed 110%.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
For everyone who's in this thread right now trying to scold the rest of us for not being equally agitated for the unsung missing children of this world whose plights receive no more attention than the side of a milk carton:

How many missing children are missing because their crazy mother killed them?

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score

Agreed.

For everyone who's in this thread right now trying to scold the rest of us for not being equally agitated for the unsung missing children of this world whose plights receive no more attention than the side of a milk carton:

I think we are not scolding anyone here, but rather the news networks that give such disproportionate attention.

More than one would like to believe :(

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I'm no psychologist. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Casey Anthony is a sociopath. The woman just seems.......cold, from every piece of footage I've seen of her. Plus, after the stories of how unconcerned she seems to be with her daughter and her actions after the searches began, I'd wager this is one sick individual.

Sounds just like someone I know. Not kidding :(

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score

This surely isn't the only one where a parent is suspected of involvement, though I think what adds so much to the drama of this one is the "mother" and other relatives letting themselves be interviewed on camera so much, and that they all seem to be, well, bat shit crazy.

fullbookjacket

Registered
Reaction score
False alarm.

There were no bones found, just sticks and mud.

I live here in Orlando where this is taking place. This is just one more publicity stunt by that jackass bounty-hunter.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
False alarm.

There were no bones found, just sticks and mud.

I live here in Orlando where this is taking place. This is just one more publicity stunt by that jackass bounty-hunter.

I had a hunch this might be the real story. Doesn't this moron get some form of jeopardy for interfering with a criminal investigation, misuse of police resources, etc.?

caw

fullbookjacket

Registered
Reaction score
I had a hunch this might be the real story. Doesn't this moron get some form of jeopardy for interfering with a criminal investigation, misuse of police resources, etc.?

caw

Well, the police are none too pleased with him at the moment.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Casey Anthony is a sociopath.

From what I've seen, she's a narcissist, like OJ Simpson.

She just doesn't have the capacity to care about anyone else. The world revolves around her, and her alone.

The thing that just boggles my mind is that she has lied herself into a death sentence. If she had just fessed up at the time, she would have seen, maybe, a five year sentence and been out in ten months.

But no, the world revolves around her, and she's not serving any time. So she dumps her daughter's body like so much garbage.

And lies, and lies, and lies right into a capital murder case.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk

And over here in GB, revelations about poor Shannon's case don't help.

Remember? Some time after Madeleine's disappearance, Shannon vanished. Shannon was from a poor, educationally challenged mother and not very telegenic. So there was a huge uproar, with people demanding that the media give as much attention to her as to Madeleine. The media complied, and so did the police. There was a £3 million hunt for her. She was found.

Then it turned out that the mother had masterminded the "kidnapping", in order to get the reward money! A prefectly horrible case.

Here's the latest update:

Shannon Matthews, the girl whose disappearance prompted a nationwide alert this year, was drugged and tethered with a strap inside a flat in a kidnap orchestrated by her mother, a court was told yesterday.

Shannon, 9, was held captive for 24 days as part of a plan hatched by Karen Matthews, who hoped to receive a reward for her daughter's safe return.

Ms Matthews, 33, was accused of knowing that Shannon was being held by her boyfriend's uncle, Michael Donovan, because the two adults had jointly planned the child's abduction.

Shannon was doped with temazepam, a tranquilliser that Mr Donovan received on prescription, and travel sickness tablets, a jury at Leeds Crown Court was told.
They deny kidnap, false imprisonment and perverting the course of justice.

Last edited:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I saw some of this 'search' on the tube last night. I'm seriously doubting that anything they found have anything to do with the case.

It looks like grandstanding to me. The 'search area' was in a park next to a busy street. No one would dispose of a body there. The water was only three to four feet deep.

I'm smelling a rat here.