Scented or Unscented

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
As a ferret, we're descented before we're sold, but...

seriously, do you wear a cologne or perfume? Not a body spray, that's something else again and the scent lasts about 5 minutes.

And if so, yes, I'm probably being too nosy, what brand?

I do go unscented. I have a hypersensitivity to colognes and when I put one on, it somehow gets into my bloodstream and soon I'm tasting it and it feels like it's oozing out of my pours. Really strange feeling.

So I go au naturale. Although, when I did wear colognes before my hypersensitivity was tolerable, I used Paco Rabanne.

So how about you?

Scented or unscented?

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Minotaure, used only occasionally and in very small amounts. It's hard to find, too.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Yes.

What?

Oh! Both. :) 90% of the time - going out to work, grocery shop, workout, walk the dog: no. Out for the evening or a special dinner at home: yes. I've got 'Joy', 'Lauren', 'Halston', 'Je Revien', 'Tea Rose' and 'White Shoulders' - but 'White Shoulders' is Ol' Boy's favorite.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I have three I like - 360, which is hard to find these days, Pleasures, which is kind of floral and Miracle, which has a lot of lavender in it. In my younger days I loved one called X'ia X'iang, which they haven't made for years, and Yardley's English Lavender, which I think they still make but I can't find.

Oh yeah, and Heaven Scent. Loved that.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm positive that women prefer the natural odor of a profusely sweating man.

In other news, I've never been that lucky with women.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm positive that women prefer the natural odor of a profusely sweating man.

Uh...this woman....no.

There is something about a freshly showered man and that special place on his neck...just...right...there. Ah...I like that.

Personally, I prefer scented lotions. At the moment I have Lancome's Poeme because my husband likes it and buys it for me. I'm not very good about wearing it though. My all time favorite for myself is Opium. But I'm out right now. :(

ETA: When I was single, I remember men following me down the street and asking what perfume I was wearing.

*adds Opium to Christmas wish list*

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wear Obsession on special occasions, a knock-off body spray (which does last a short time--ferrets have good noses!) a couple times a week. The rest of the time, I smell like soap or sweat, depending on what I've been doing.

Maryn, writing up a sweat

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Most of the time. Sometimes I forget to put it on for work though.

I wear all kinds of things; Beyond Paradise, Michael by Michael Kohrs (my new favorite), Be Delicious, Coco Chanel, Covet...I think those are my main ones, but I have a whole cabinet full. :)

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Uh...this woman....no.

There is something about a freshly showered man and that special place on his neck...just...right...there. Ah...I like that.

Mmmmmmm, me too....

*wishing she were home with her hubby who just got out of the shower...*

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
My go-to fragrances are Chanel Bois des Iles and Serge Lutens Chergui. Yeah, I tend to go for the more obscure ones. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk

As long as it's fresh sweat HELL YEAH! Nothing like a guy who's been working hard and got all slippery. Then we can shower it off together....

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
No cologne, but I use Afta aloe-based lotion on my head to keep it nice and smooth. Nothing sexier than a bald man with dandruff. Plus my wife loves the scent.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
As long as it's fresh sweat HELL YEAH! Nothing like a guy who's been working hard and got all slippery. Then we can shower it off together....

Like those old pictures of Jimmy Page onstage, drenched in sweat and making his guitar scream is ecstacy as he offers it up to the gods in sacrifice...

Crap. me and my biiiiiiiig mouth. There goes my concentration for the rest of the day....

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Mr. Ferret seems to be asking a lot of personal questions lately, doesn't he?
(Like: What do you call your SO? What kind of perfume do you wear?)
What's next--do you sleep in jammies or naked?

As for scents--I use scented Sure anti-perspirant/deo.

Now that I'm an Avon lady I'm trying out some of their fragrances. I just bought something called Tahitian holiday. It smells like coconuts.

I used to buy a fragrance called Intimate. Really nice scent.

My husband insists I wear cherry lip gloss if I'm going to wear anything on my mouth. Such a finicky guy.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
My grandma bought me Taboo or Obsession. I forget which one. My mother sent me another perfume for my birthday but I can't remember what it was. I'm not at home right now or I would look.

For a couple of years I had tons of perfume. My brother's coworker/friend sold AVON and he would always buy me perfume for my birthday and Christmas. They were all really nice. I like light florals and vanilla.

I usually forget to put any perfume on so I go unscented except for special occasions or the bottle catches my eye and I'm like oh yeah I have perfume.

Anyways, class starts in ten minutes.