Can CeltX still export into Adobe PDF?

Aldenard

Student Filmmaker
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I recently started using Celtx again, and it seems to have been updated a few times since I last worked with it. Most of the changes I could figure out pretty quickly, but I can't seem to figure out how to export into an Adobe file. It seems to only want me to either print or export as a basic text file. Any advice?

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Moved this to the technical questions sub-forum.

Not a celtx user myself but I found this on the Celtx wiki site

Generate PDF creates a PDF file on your local computer. PDF genration is now found under the TypeSet feature, which is accessed at the bottom of the editor window.

Compared to printing from the file menu, the PDF output is more sophisticated and responsive to your script elements. It looks more professional because it is more in keeping with scriptwriting norms for presentation.

Your computer must be connected to the Internet to generate a PDF. No copy of your script is made when generating a PDF. It runs in memory only, getting converted on the fly, and is then routed back to the sender, after which it was like it was never sent as far as the Celtx Server is concerned.

Further instructions on generating PDFs here.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Ooh, and it works, too! :)

TypeSet?! Who knew?

-Derek

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Ya, in v0.9 use Generate PDF and log into Web Services with your username and password. Now in version 1, you click the TypeSet tab along the bottom of your Screenplay window. Damn, just a little simpler, eh?!