• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

adapting a SF screenplay into a graphic novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff Weber

Registered
Reaction score
I've gotten though "Act 1". I would like to find someone to help me figure out the best way to continue on from here. I'd like to bounce ideas on how to visualize scenes, and help me edit the script as needed.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
One thing I'm not clear about, possibly due to the wording of your subject line -- are you trying to write the script, or have you written the script and are now adapting it into a graphic novel?

Depending on your answer I might suggest this thread be moved into Screen Writing forum, or Comic Books and Graphic Novels forum.

If you haven't already done so, you might consider reading screenplays in the same genre. Check out the screenwriting tips sticky thread in Screen Writing forum, which has links to sites full of scripts free to read for educational purposes, screenwriting software (some free or useable in demo mode), formatting guides, hints & tips, etc. Sites like imSdb.com offer scripts grouped by genre, e.g. Sci-Fi for easy search. There are threads in Comic Books and Graphic Novels forum with links to sites with comic script samples, tho' not anywhere as extensive as screenwriting sites.

-Derek

Geoff Weber

Registered
Reaction score
The script has already been written, and now I am adapting it into a graphic novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.