Russian needs help......

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Got this today in my e-mail. I guess this beats the one telling me they are looking to smuggle out millions and need my help. I pasted this just as it was on my computer. (I did not go to the link.)

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]Hi,My name is Elena, I am 31 year and I live in Russian province. I work in library and I use computer after work when it possible.I finded your address in internet and I decided to write you this letter.

I have 7-year daughter Angelina, her father abandoned us and we live with my mother.Due to the financial crisis in our country my mother lost job and our situation became very difficult.

The prices for gas is very high in our region and we cannot use it to heat our home anymore.The winter is coming and weather become colder each day. We worry if the temperature will below 0 degrees in our home, we will not be able to survive.For heating our home during winter we need portable stove which give heat from burning wood. We have many wood in our region, but we cannot buy the stove in local market because it cost equivalent of 248 US dollars and very expensive for us.

If you have any old portable stove and you don't use it anymore, we will be very happy if you can donate it to us and organize transport of its to our address. This ovens are different, they made from cast iron and weight about 100kg.

I downloaded our picture to free website and you can see it at:http://elenaga.nextmail.ru/ourpicture.jpgIt is not of very good quality, but it will give you idea how we look.I pray for your help.Elena.Russia.[/FONT]

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}

Last edited:

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Does she know where the lost treasure of the tsars is? Or even what really happened in Tunguska?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
In my thickest Russian accent:

My name Silver King. Send money fast yes please. Or call 800-help-fish-quick-cash-yes.

Спасибо.

Manny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dysonforums.com
Variants of this e-mail come out around this time of year every year from the same people.

I received this one myself the other day and the IP traced back to Finland actually.

The usual Russian scam e-mail, there are many about.

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
You'd be better off to send them the money they need to buy one there...

Yeah, but that's the whole trick. Anyone in their sane mind would rather send money than ship a stove. Can you imagine even a hundred people sending--how much does it cost?--my friends have bought a brand new one recently for eight hundred euro, so do your math.

Being Russian, I receive a lot of Russian spam and the problem with it is, it's much more ingenious and believable than your regular Nigerian stuff. Whoever write it are anything but stupid. It's not a problem to get a wooden stove--or any stove, for that matter--in Russia these days for very leetle money.