Wheeeeeeeeeeeee

bison

Registered
Reaction score
I had a stage reading of a play Saturday afternoon by a local (and very active) dinner theatre group. It went very well and I was pleased.
They will produce four plays for their Spring season and have eight to consider (mine among them). They go to committee in December to look at the practical aspects of producing each one (casts, scenery, etc.) and then make their decisions.
I am atwitter, as you might suspect. I would die happy to be a produced playwright.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Nice job! That must have been wonderful to hear your hard work spoken aloud. Keeping everything crossed for your success in December. :)

gophergrrrl

Been a while but I've returned...
Registered
Reaction score
Well huge congrats Bison, and I hope things work out great! ^_^

bison

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys.
I am sure that writing is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Well........it's way up there!

bison

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't make it. Although there was the obligatory "nice comments", they chose the last one ahead of me with an invitation to try again next year.
Back to GO with no $200.00. I hate playwriting. No I don't. Yes, I do....No......

Hillgate

On location
Registered
Reaction score
Try other theatre groups, producers etc. If it's too complex for the stage, trim it a bit and cut down on the number of characters. Give someone almost no opportunity to throw it out on the basis it would be too costly to stage. And if there are specific actors out there, you can even tweak your dialogue to chime a chord with them. Good luck and never give up!!